3/27/04-- View of Longs Peak...

3/27/04-- View of Longs Peak...

3/27/04-- View of Mount Meeker and Longs Peak while descending Estes Cone. Brad's Mountaineering Homepage
Brad Snider
on May 1, 2004 11:15 am
Image ID: 51539

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
desainme

desainme - May 1, 2004 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice winter photo

Looks breezy and cold

Diggler

Diggler - May 17, 2004 7:43 pm - Voted 10/10

What's up with the colors?

The picture is black & white until one reaches the sky, which has color (blue)- did you fiddle with the photo, or what? Whatever the case, it looks cool!

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - May 17, 2004 11:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What's up with the colors?

It's my experience when shooting in the winter, particularly in inclement weather above timberline, everything easily goes to "gray scale" in a hurry. The only clue here that this is indeed a color photo is a glimpse of blue sky, otherwise it would have easily been a black and white photo without trying.



This picture is quite dramatic due to the subject matter, but overall I do not like shooting in winter because I like color, which is easily lost in such conditions. Even on clear winter days with a crisp blue sky, quite often the only other two colors in the picture are white and shades of gray (including black).



Sigh. I'm ready for spring and summer in the high country! Let the colors return!

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Jun 5, 2004 1:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What's up with the colors?

Aaron: Thanks for the explanation. Indeed it was a windy, snowy, chilly winter day, and the color was not the best. I went hiking yesterday (June 4) in RMNP and was glad to see there is definitely color returning to the outdoors!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4