4-July-2005: North couloir,...

4-July-2005: North couloir,...

4-July-2005: North couloir, as viewed from Mt. Gayley. Snow quality was poor (soft, postholing), but there were a lot of steps and several glissade tracks.
rhyang
on Jul 5, 2005 12:02 pm
Image ID: 113486

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Dave K - Jul 5, 2005 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Beautiful shot Rob

It was great to meet you this weekend! Do you know what happened to the two climbers who tried to ascend Sill late Sunday? We tried to persuade them to climb down. One of them was wearing jeans and a tee shirt.

rhyang

rhyang - Jul 5, 2005 12:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful shot Rob

The guys camped near us told me about them - jeans and work boots - apparently they were from Australia and wanted to get a shot of the sun setting ! I saw a plane and a helicopter flying around yesterday, so not sure ...



I'm sorry I was so out of sorts on Sunday morning in that stiff breeze. It was great to meet you too - definitely a great place to visit. Next time I'm not going to let anyone convince me that spending the night at 4000' and then hiking to high camp at 12000' with a pack full of climbing gear is a good idea ...

Samantha

Samantha - Jul 5, 2005 3:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Beautiful shot Rob

Well at least we don't see two bodies at the bottom. Maybe they got out OK....

rhyang

rhyang - Jul 5, 2005 4:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful shot Rob

Sure hope they're ok.



btw Congrats on Sill ! Did you guys place any rap slings ? I passed one on the way up, and then turned back a little above the second. I also saw a bunch over to the left.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4