46and2

46and2

I will freely admit to not seeing this massive avalanche on Mt Timpanogos on the morning of April 9. I will admit though to seeing it with my 10x loupe three days later :). While difficult accurately to size the height, topo maps show the cliffs at around 400 feet tall. March 2006. Fuji Velvia.
46and2
on Apr 24, 2006 4:05 am
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 190077

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
MtnGuide

MtnGuide - Sep 17, 2006 5:36 am - Hasn't voted

Inset Method?

How do you make that little blow up inset?

46and2

46and2 - Sep 18, 2006 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

the steps are...

I resized my large file 3200x2100 file to 640 wide and put it aside. I then took the original large file and cropped it to show the avalanche as you see it above in the inset.

The tricky part I suppose is resizing the cropped image to fit into the main picture so it is just the way you want it. So, I copied and pasted the cropped image into the 640x427 main image. I then selected just that cropped image and played with re-dimensioning down to certain sizes until I liked it. Next thing is to position it where you want it. I also added a border/frame around it to make it stand out.

The last step is to merge all objects into the base image before saving.

I use ULEAD Photoimpact for image editing. It is **substantially** less expensive than Photoshop and honestly, I have never come across something this tool could not do that I needed it to do. Except maybe for blending stitched pics.

Brad.

MtnGuide

MtnGuide - Nov 13, 2006 2:47 am - Hasn't voted

Re: the steps are...

Brad, I checked out your website, and was astounded at how you captured so much of Alaska , Utah and the Sierras, with so little time spent there. My favorites were "Clouds Lingering in Serpentine Cove at Midnight," and "Mountains South of Turnagain Arm." King Mountain in Matanuska Valley was great too. I lived in Utah for 3 years, and Alaska for 15, and you captured both of them real well. Thank you.

46and2

46and2 - Nov 21, 2006 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: the steps are...

Thanks! When I travel I attempt to do three things - go to the places that offer stunning scenery, try to make the most of it and cross my fingers. What you do not see are the 1,000's of throw-aways I have also collected!

Yeah, our first night kayaking in Harriman Fjord was when I took that one of Serpentine Cove. The scene blew me away. AK is unreal although UT for me is home even I live in, gulp, MN now.

Brad.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4