Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.98220°N / 105.3019°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jan 8, 2006
My friend Melanie is showing me some hiking trails around the Boulder area. We met at Chatauqua and decided to go up to the top of Green Mountain. We hiked across the meadow and past the Gregory Canyon parking lot. It was a sunny, but windy day. While in the canyon, it was fine, but on the back side of the mountain, the wind picked up and I was glad I had gloves. The trail is well-marked and well-traveled. It is a steep climb, but nothing too strenuous. It took us about 2 hours to get to the top -- we hike rather slowly. The views from the top are amazing. The front range is out to the east and wilderness views to the west. A very nice hike to do in half a day -- on a nicer, less windy day, it would be nice to take a little picnic and eat up there. I highly recommend this hike as a way to get to see the area and get in some good exercise.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Green MountainTrip Reports