A Winter Attempt on Mount Morrison

A Winter Attempt on Mount Morrison

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Dec 10, 2011 6:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Looks like fun!

Which route did you go up? We are thinking about doing Morrison in a week and a half. Any advice?

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Dec 11, 2011 1:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks like fun!

Hey Alex,
First of all, we did not make the summit. We took the hanging valley that starts from Convict Lake. Then, we took the 3rd class rocky slopes facing east. The rocky slopes were covered in corn snow and ice. We climbed only a few hundred feet and we could see the summit, but ran out of time. It was about the same time of the year as when you are going there, winter, all the way. Be prepared for some very scary ordeal and ice on rocks. Winter ascent of Morrison is a serious climb. Our biggest mistake was to try to climb it in one day, a very short winter day at that. Plan it better than we did, take technical gear, winter gear, and use caution. If it looks too scary, don't press it.

Best of luck, and stay safe,

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Dec 23, 2011 2:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Looks like fun!

This was good info. We opted out of Morrison because we were taking a fairly inexperienced guy on the climb with us. We did Boundary and Montgomery Peak instead. One of these days I'll do Morrison. Happy holidays!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.