Viewing: 1-20 of 25 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Martin CashUntitled Comment

Martin Cash

Neat page Dean. Thanks for the contribution.
Posted Dec 18, 2003 10:13 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

A great page on a peak in an area that has not been sufficiently represented on SP!

Another (Red Mtn. was inspired by you and Bob) great idea for us :) - definitely would like to do a trip or two there (NE WA) this upcoming (not fast enough!!!) summer. Thank you for posting!

Radek
Posted Dec 18, 2003 10:29 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice page, Dean! And, the fact that there are caribou and grizzlies make it more interesting and alluring.
Posted Dec 18, 2003 11:49 am

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

No shit! Ya beat me to it (it was slated for next year for me).
Posted Dec 18, 2003 2:39 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I look forward to your trip report or summit log report (and some pics of course) when you do this one.
Posted Dec 21, 2003 9:43 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

I just happened to go here to check on the WA County Highpoints group. I saw you've accidentally used "Abercrombie Peak" in several places. It is Abercrombie Mountain. Also, in the Overview you've got prominence misspelled.
Posted Dec 24, 2004 5:01 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Another great page Dean!
Posted Dec 19, 2003 12:31 am

DeanUntitled Comment

I liked your idea about the county highpoints but alas, some of them aren't mountains nor very exciting. Most of the ones in Washington / Oregon are worthwhile objectives in and of themselves but some are just high spots in ranch or farm country. The county highpointing site has a U.S. map which you can click on and bring up each state and its counties. I have linked to that on my Abercrombie page so hopefully that might satisfy anyone who'd like to know more.

I appreciate your comments and the vote. Let me wish you a Happy New Year.
Posted Jan 2, 2004 8:39 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Very nice page!

Posted Dec 19, 2003 8:25 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Fine page on the tallest err second tallest in NE Washington. I did not know there were Grizzlies in Wa. nor did I know that the Selkirk Caribou herd extended into Wa. Once they are gone i think its difficult to get them back. In the 1960's and 1990's some Newfoundland woodland Caribou were realeased on the Ktaadn Tableland but I think they all died , particularly from bears. The last native ones were shot around 1900

:-(
Posted Jan 9, 2004 5:48 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for the vote and comments. Believe it or not, it wasn't until this year that I was aware that there were caribou in this state. I was aware of the grizzlies but thought more of them were in the Okanagon portion (central north) part. This part of washington is so much different from what I have been used to (Cascades). The grizzlies add a certain amount of excitement to the hiking, that is for sure. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Posted Jan 9, 2004 6:03 pm

thepluggerUntitled Comment

theplugger

Thanks for putting together this really neat page about a little-known summit. I also like the idea of putting together a group of county high point pages.
Posted Jan 11, 2004 9:01 pm

drm519Untitled Comment

Fascinating stuff
Posted Feb 27, 2004 10:31 pm

RachelUntitled Comment

Rachel

Very interesting. thanks for posting.
Posted Mar 3, 2004 7:03 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Nice page.
Posted Mar 4, 2004 5:12 pm

pauleUntitled Comment

paule

Dean, there are a lot of great mountain pages on SP, but the information and how you present it on this page indicated to me a strong sense of passion and how much you must have enjoyed Abercrombie. That give the page a really unique and nice touch.

I am impressed and fascinated with all the info and pictures. Very nice job!
Posted Mar 12, 2004 4:53 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Well done. A very nice page indeed.
Posted Mar 17, 2004 9:35 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Nice job. Cheers William
Posted May 13, 2004 8:42 am

GMatthewsUntitled Comment

GMatthews

This is really good
Posted May 13, 2004 3:06 pm

cascadeclimber1978Untitled Comment

cascadeclimber1978

All the right info is here. Great job.
Posted Nov 26, 2004 2:27 pm