Viewing: 1-20 of 28 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

You know, its a shame what's going on on the world these days. Most Westerners, or at least Americans, will never visit these mountains. Sadly, I've written off ever going to the Karakoram. Maybe some day, in the distant future, we'll have figured it out. Anyway, thanks for posting.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 12:51 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote. Politics is a long complicated story. Wherever I have lived, however, I have noticed that good people make up the vast majority of the population.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 9:54 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Yes, you are correct about that, and one should remember it. Thanks, and also for posting these excellent and interesting pages.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 11:23 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

I agree with Nelson's post. Unfortunately, human behavior on this planet creates such conditions. Iran really has some wonderful mountains that remind me of...home! I guess I'll have to settle for home. Nader, you have done a magnificent job of bringing representation of Iran's mountains up to snuff here at SP.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 1:33 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for spending the time to see my pages and my pictures Aaron. Although these mountains had their own peculiarities, most of the scenery was indistinguishable from anywhere in the American west, specially above the tree line. It is a small planet.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 6:20 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I also agree with Nelson - and with your comment that the majority usually is friendly wherever you go.Still there are pwople out there who kidnap tourists (not in Iran as far as I know) for ransom or political reasons. It's an insecure situation - riskier than any climb.

I would like to ask one question: obviously you don't have language problems in Iran. But how can I (or anybody else) get along in English (French would be an option in my case, too). I suppose locals won't be too fluent in English :-) but probably the guides ...?!?

BTW, before I forget, I would like to congatulate you on the page which again is excellently done.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 10:21 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote.
Posted Aug 4, 2004 6:22 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote and interest.
Posted Aug 5, 2004 9:08 am

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Another great page... helps solidify a mounting desire (no pun intended) to ensure that I visit Iran's mountains in the future.
Posted Aug 5, 2004 3:06 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your support and vote on all my Iranian pages. Hopefully you will be able to go visit. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Nader
Posted Aug 5, 2004 7:14 pm

PawkalaUntitled Comment

Pawkala

Awesome Page....
Posted Aug 5, 2004 7:23 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Yes. Another excellent submission.
Posted Aug 7, 2004 5:47 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote.
Posted Aug 7, 2004 10:06 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

The Caspian side appears to be nice and green. Good of you to add the highest of the non-volcanic mountains. Your adventure makes this area seem as bad as

Colorado in the voltage department!
Posted Aug 26, 2004 8:57 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote. When you drive from Tehran to the Caspian area, the sudden appearance of the lush green forest seems quite miraculous.

You are right. I almost became a lightning rod.

Posted Aug 27, 2004 9:26 am

Mblue01Untitled Comment

Mblue01

Nice page. Seems you travelled with Araz. I will climb with them in 2 weeks, Tochal and Damavand, only positive comments ?
Posted Aug 27, 2004 11:04 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote here and on Mt. Tochal. I really can't think of anything bad to say about Araz. You will of course spend most of your time with the guide that you happen to get. My guide turned out to be a very nice man.
Posted Aug 27, 2004 2:07 pm

GMatthewsUntitled Comment

GMatthews

Great Job!!!
Posted Sep 10, 2004 10:46 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote.
Posted Sep 11, 2004 8:47 pm

Vahid AshrafiUntitled Comment

Vahid Ashrafi

It is a nice page ! Are you living in U.S. ? Are you climb Iran's mountains before you go there or you come here often ? I mean , can we meet each other ?!
Posted Sep 20, 2004 9:59 am