SaintgrizzlyNo way I'm waiting on this one....

Saintgrizzly

I get first vote!!!! GLAD TO SEE THIS, AARON!!!!
Posted Nov 10, 2007 3:30 pm

hgrapidAdd this to the Area/Range

hgrapid

Good work as always, but shouldn't you add this as a child to the Glacier National Park page?
Posted Nov 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Aaron JohnsonRe: Add this to the Area/Range

Aaron Johnson

I knew I forgot something! Thanks!
Posted Nov 11, 2007 12:00 am

distressbarksnow moon lake/falling leaf lake basin approach

distressbark

from the pics, it looks like the Great Break route is accessed via this wonderful basin. a lot of bushwhacking is described in the route, but i believe much of this can be avoided. at the south end of the Many Glacier Hotel parking lot, there is a big brown horse/pedestrian bridge. at the south end of the bridge, there's a well-worn foot path that leads directly towards a large ridge on an unnamed buttress that blocks out any view of Allen Mountain. take that trail. it's quite easy to follow, and safely winds you through a brushy forest before emerging on the northern scree slopes of the aforementioned buttress. from there, follow one of the trails the scree, towards the only noticeable large drainage in the cliffs ahead. after some minor climbing, you'll find another well-worn path leading towards the east (maybe slightly southeast). you can take this trail all the way to Falling Leaf Lake, where you get a fantastic glimpse of Allen Mountain's steep north face. skirt the lake's eastern shore, then gain the ridge that will take you up to Allen. hope this helps!
Posted Jan 3, 2009 10:14 am

Aaron JohnsonRe: snow moon lake/falling leaf lake basin approach

Aaron Johnson

Thanks! I'll add your text to the route page!
Posted Jan 3, 2009 2:30 pm

Tomek Lodowynice page

Tomek Lodowy

great peak in fantastic mountains, well presented.

Tomek
Posted Apr 22, 2009 7:57 am

Aaron JohnsonRe: nice page

Aaron Johnson

Thank you! Allen Mountain is one of my all time favorite climbs.
Posted Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm

distressbarkagreed

distressbark

great page for a great mountain
Posted Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

andrew davidFabulous page

andrew david

This one has lots of helpful info. I will see if I can get some great summit pics in late June and add them to the page.
Posted Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am

distressbarkRe: Fabulous page

distressbark

Would love to see some more photos to the page, good luck! And thanks for the kind words.
Posted Apr 25, 2013 5:40 pm

andrew davidRe: Fabulous page

andrew david

I did not go up unfortunately. I had time for a few dayhikes between backpack trips and I chose Siyeh over Allen, as I expected they would offer similar views and experiences. Maybe next summer I can get up there. Its still a great page.
Posted Jul 27, 2013 1:06 pm