Alma Negra Comments

Tomek LodowyUntitled Comment

Tomek Lodowy

beatiful, great job !
Posted Dec 27, 2005 8:07 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Fine page with good pictures I liked photo id 203569.

In the edit mode, choose the 9th box down and paste in

203569 and you will have a nice signature photo.
Posted Dec 27, 2005 8:57 am

Uwe KrausRe: Untitled Comment

Uwe Kraus

Hi

Sorry that my answer arrives so late. I've been out for some weeks in Chile to climb several mountains.
I do not know anything about a signature photo, let me check it and I will add any.

Thanks for your comment, and best regards

Uwe
Posted Mar 3, 2006 2:44 pm

McCannsterUntitled Comment

McCannster

cool
Posted Dec 27, 2005 10:03 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Nice looking page, but which mountain are you referring to?

According to all my maps, there's no mountain of that elevation called Alma Negra at the location you propose.

This is also confirmed by a mountain guide sitting next to me here in Mendoza.

Please have a look at the complete peak list for Los Andes.

As on you other pages:

• Once is enough and the following doesn't make any sense: Argentina, South America, Argentina, South America

• Add a signature photo.

• Add the peak to the relavant group, in this case "The Mercedario Group".

Sorry, can't vote higher than this due to point number one. Please tell me when updates have been done and I'll up the vote.

******

See further comments. Vote raised.

• Posted Dec 27, 2005 11:15 am

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Peter,

Alma Negra is - as far as I know - a foresummit (and might lack the 400 m elev. difference to make it an independent peak) of La Mesa, and therefore does not appear in Biggar's List.

OK, that's probably it.

Thanks for the info.

For La Ramada peaks it is often better to ask local climbers, not Mendoza climbers.

Agreed on this.

In this case, the guy in question is from La Rioja and has climbed a bit everywhere in Los Andes. The impression I got, is he knows what he's talking about. He didn't knew what you state above though.

I got an explanation for the first issue and therefore the vote is up one notch.

Posted Dec 27, 2005 1:04 pm

Uwe KrausRe: Untitled Comment

Uwe Kraus

Corax

Sorry for my late answer, I was in Chile for some weeks.

Peter answered already your question regarding Alma Negra. May be it is only a foresummit and thus might lack the 400 m difference in altitude. However, in my opinion it is a wonderful climb and should be mentioned at summitpost.

Now to your other comments:

1. the repeat of Argentina, South America wasn't planned. Let me check this and I will correct it.
    2. As I had explained already to “desainme” I do not know anything about a signature photo, let me check it and I will add one, OK?
    3. I will try.
    Posted Mar 3, 2006 3:00 pm

CoraxAlma Negra

Corax

Hi Uwe!

I agree to the full. It was my mistake, which as you said Peter got me to know.

Nice updates!
    Posted Mar 3, 2006 6:38 pm

Uwe KrausRe: Untitled Comment

Uwe Kraus

A signature photo is added. Sorry for the late answer, I was in Chile to climb some mountains. Will add some more mountains in a short time.
    Posted Mar 3, 2006 4:06 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Nice looking page. Could use a signature picture, but information is definately adequate.
    Posted Dec 28, 2005 1:29 am

vvujisicUntitled Comment

vvujisic

Good page! Just put the number of one good photo of Alma Negra in Edit Section and this photo will be on the top of the page, on right from the title.
    Posted Dec 28, 2005 12:54 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Nice addition.
    Posted Dec 30, 2005 9:19 pm

John ClimberUntitled Comment

John Climber

Interesting 6000 m climb. What about Cartography of the region?

Thanks for adding
    Posted Dec 31, 2005 8:40 am

Uwe KrausRe: Untitled Comment

Uwe Kraus

Unfortunately I do not have any map of this region - Sorry.
    Posted Mar 3, 2006 3:06 pm

dadndaveUntitled Comment

dadndave

Good page with good photos. One should be chosen as the signature photo. This will improve the appearance of the page.
    Posted Jan 1, 2006 4:52 am