Almanzor Comments

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi Diego,

good page! I only miss:
  • a description of the approach to the Refugio Elola
  • maybe you could just add the difficulty of the different routes in the overview (you wrote already the time one needs)
  • book titles
  • links/addresses/phone numbers concerning infos about the area, lodging/accomodation and public transportation

• Regards, Rahel
    Posted Feb 14, 2002 4:17 am

Rahel Maria LiuUntitled Comment

Rahel Maria Liu

Hi Diego,

I have read the whole main page on Almanazor and found it very interesting. I read it a second time now. But I could still not find any information about the difficulty of the routes in the main page (I did not mean the route pages), no PD or something like this. I find only the hours and suggested that you could add the difficulty here, nothing more: "Both routes requires 2,5 hours from Elola hut, situated at Laguna Grande, and 4,5 hours from parking called Plataforma." Just a little suggestion to make something like a summary on all routes there so that knows directly something about all routes.

It's true that I did not recognize the addition. I'm sorry for that. I would propose that you just copy&paste it to the main text (mark the text with ctrl+A, copy it with ctrl.+C and paste it to the main page with ctrl.+ V) and add html-tags so that the links work (you can find help in the FAQ Q.8). If you need further help please ask me.

I read the overview but it was not so clear for me that it is such an easy trail which is so clear to find.

I would appreciate your planned further additions concerning books and links very much! And do you maybe know bookstores where to buy the books?

Regards, Rahel
    Posted Feb 14, 2002 11:47 am

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page!
    Posted Jun 14, 2002 5:31 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Thank you, John.
    Posted Jun 14, 2002 6:04 pm

OBIJUANKENOBI71Untitled Comment

OBIJUANKENOBI71

I believe that the page is very good, besides being of an invaluable help for somebody that doesn't know the area and go for the first time.

A personal question: I would like it, if you can and he doesn't take off a lot of time that gives me your opinion, things that to improve or to add, etc... on the page that I have added of the torozo, it would be of great help for my. You have much but experience and knowledge that me as much in S.P as in mountain questions.
    Posted Jun 26, 2002 11:55 pm

Wal King BootUntitled Comment

Very nice. High quality pics. Well done Diego.
    Posted Aug 14, 2002 5:38 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Muchas gracias Wal King Boot.
    Posted Aug 17, 2002 5:44 pm

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Good page, nice work. Cheers William
    Posted Oct 9, 2002 2:13 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Happy to add my 4-star vote to an almost 5 star page. Great description, knockout photos, many a good links, engrossing route descriptions and now I have a curiosity to check out the books. Thank you, Diego !!
    Posted Jan 20, 2003 3:57 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

bigwally thanks for all your votes, i'll answer you in the future, it's very late here in Spain. Nice to have people like you in this site.
    Posted Jan 20, 2003 6:34 pm

ezaUntitled Comment

eza

Ya no me sorprendes, Diego, pero esta es otra página excelente. Me ha aclarado unas cuantas ideas para la que espero sea mi primera visita a Gredos y al Almanzor. Una pregunta: ¿es de esperar que haya nieve en la vía normal hasta muy entrada la primavera?.
    Posted Mar 26, 2003 11:26 am

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Muchas gracias eza, te sugiero que leas la información que he introducido hoy en mi página. Te aclarará más dudas en cuanto a refugios, si es que tienes pensado usarlos. Te recomiendo el de Reguero Llano porque el trato es más humano al ser más pequeño y menos conocido. Aunque quede más alejado del Circo viene bien para cuando se llega tarde a la Plataforma. En cuanto a la nieve, si que habrá en la subida desde la Hoya Antón a la Portilla del Crampón hasta entrado Junio, pero creo que te será fácil subir porque estará primavera y pisada. Hay que tener cuidado un poco antes de llegar a la portilla porque la gente de arriba puede dejar caer rocas encima tuyo, pero este es un consejo más para el verano. También hay 2 pasos de trepada en la cara S justo antes de hacer cima que pueden tener dificultades cuando hay hielo o nieve, cosa que veo muy improvable en esa época del año.
    Posted Mar 26, 2003 6:46 pm

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Diego, you've done a wonderful job with this Mountain page. Many good pictures, route descriptions, and other helpful and interesting information. Thanks for putting so much time into your page.
    Posted Mar 27, 2003 12:51 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Thank you very much David, nevertheless I'll try to improve it
    Posted Mar 27, 2003 5:05 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Outstanding effort. I really was impressed by the work you did on this one.
    Posted Oct 14, 2003 8:01 am

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Gracias Dean, your votes have been very worthy for me
    Posted Oct 14, 2003 2:17 pm

tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Really nice page...good work!
    Posted Jan 31, 2004 2:56 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

Thanks a lot tlogan
    Posted Feb 1, 2004 11:27 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Great page Diego! Thanks. I must spend some more time looking at your pages.

Someday I really hope to get to Spain. My ancestors on my mother's side were from there. They were thrown out in 1492. But they were still speaking Spanish when they arrived in the U.S. around 1910. Sadly, I don't speak any.
    Posted Mar 29, 2004 7:42 pm

Diego SahagúnUntitled Comment

Diego Sahagún

It's interesting your story Nelson. Though this mountain is not as magnificent as some yours, gracias for voting.
    Posted Mar 30, 2004 4:28 am