Lukas KunzeUntitled Comment

Lukas Kunze

Nice page for a very beautiful mountain group, Gumpie!

I' ve posted some important information about the Ammergauer Alps...

Please adjust this page to the "Bavarian Pre-Alps" group an set latitude to: 47.43°N, longitude to 10.86°E and height to 2340m. This are the topo coordinates and height of Daniel the highest mountain of the Ammergauer Alps.
Posted Aug 26, 2005 5:32 am

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Thanks for the vote, Lucas and for your input. I integrated some information you've provided. If you venture frequently into the Ammergauer, get some pics and keep 'em coming, TR's as well. Years ago I spend lot's of time climbing, hiking and biking in the area between Garmisch, O'gau , Kohlgrub, Griesen and Reutte. Looking forward for new material.
Posted Aug 26, 2005 6:53 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Looks good and different to most pages on SP. I would change the name however. The mix of German and English doesn't look too good. So far we have always used the "English" Version: Gailtal Alps, Ötztal Alps, Allgäu Alps, Stubai Alps (both still missing) and Ammergau Alps.

Another convention we use is to put the "GROUP" in capital letters to distinguish it from the single mountains at a glance.
Posted Aug 27, 2005 2:13 am

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Thanks for the vote and the heads up about eng/ger. :-)
Posted Aug 27, 2005 5:43 pm

Mathias ZehringUntitled Comment

Mathias Zehring

this nice page gives a good overview. Thank you! It is a shame I haven't visited much of this area though it is not far for my home

Unlike Lukas I ask for de-attaching it to Bavarian Pre-Alps: According to the "Alpenvereinseinteilung" that we use at least for german-austrian groups Ammergau Alps are one group and Bavarian Pre-Alps are another.

What I would suggest: please use blue colors and underlining only for hyperlinks, not for normal headlines. This is confusing!

Posted Aug 28, 2005 5:27 pm

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Mathias Z, thanks for your vote. :-)

I was reading the definitons on the attached link. It spells out a clear line between Bavarian Pre Alps and Ammergau Alps (river Loisach). But for now, and not to confuse our friends from overseas, I keep them in the Bavarian Pre Alps group. It might be a good search function for someone looking for trips and mountains in the "front range" of Bavaria.
Posted Aug 29, 2005 1:11 pm

Mathias ZehringUntitled Comment

Mathias Zehring

Well, it is more confusing if definitions are used different. I supposed a mountain group Ammergau Alps that will show up soon with Daniel (that the maintainer correctly did not adjust to Baviarian Prealps), Ettaler Manndl and your pages..

For general geographical orientation it is useful to set a link to the Eastern Alps page in the first line like this:

geographical classification: Eastern Alps > Ammergau Alps > Hochplatte
Posted Aug 30, 2005 1:23 am

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

You convinced me to adjust the group for all the pages. If the new group of the Ammergau Alps shows up I'll set the group correctly. Thanks again, G
Posted Aug 30, 2005 7:31 am

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Edit: I just adjusted the pages to Ammergau Alps, but there is an other group with similar name but I can't find it in the pull down menue (\r\nAmmergau Alps) -- what's up with that?

Thanks - G
Posted Aug 30, 2005 7:41 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I guess I bungled the group creation. There seems to be a space in front of Ammergau so you'll find the group on top of the list. I'll ask the elves to change it
Posted Aug 31, 2005 1:08 am

Lukas KunzeUntitled Comment

Lukas Kunze

Hello Mathias,

You' re right, this page doesn' t belong to Bavarian Pre-Alps. But at the moment I wrote this comment this was the group that was closest to Ammergauer Alps (a few days after my vote this group has been added to the list).

Cheers Lukas
Posted Aug 31, 2005 9:10 am

LupinoUntitled Comment

Lupino

Good page, quite different from other in SP. Is it convenient to change the structure and the characters of the "master" page ?
Posted Aug 29, 2005 8:48 am

GumpieUntitled Comment

Gumpie

Lupino, thanks for your vote.

I did not changed the "maser page" I just wrote plain HTML code in the first box and posted it as full HTML. All my categories/chapters are in that one HTML document. Hope that helps.....Gumpie

Posted Aug 29, 2005 1:01 pm

CoraxUntitled Comment

Corax

Great info and unusual design!
Posted Oct 4, 2005 7:16 pm

mvsnew peak

mvs

Hi Gumpie, I have added the new peak Schellschlicht.
Posted Dec 4, 2006 12:45 pm

GumpieRe: new peak

Gumpie

thanks man, table is updated (you make me a little home sick with your pictures ;-) - isn't it beautiful up there?
Posted Dec 7, 2006 4:52 pm

mvsRe: new peak

mvs

Yes it really is! I'll work on some more too to maximize homesickness :-).
Posted Dec 8, 2006 5:21 pm