Angell Pk/Lees Pk/Lakes L.O. Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Snowslogger

Snowslogger - Oct 10, 2023 4:05 pm Date Climbed: Aug 2, 2021

Gunsight/Angell/Lee's - Elkhorn Crest Trail Prequel  Sucess!

Continued on from Gunsight with Andy via a heather slope just below the ridge. Then on to Lee's Peak, which was straightforward up to a small 15 foot summit block. A fun scramble up, but a little awkward coming down. Perhaps Class 4?

Judd97

Judd97 - Jul 6, 2020 6:25 pm Date Climbed: Jul 6, 2020

Gunsight to Angell  Sucess!

Fun scramble up the west ridge from Hoffer lake to Gunsight. Descended the south ridge and went up to Angell peak. The plan was to then head west to Lees but smacked my knee after stepping in a snow well and had to head back to LG to get stitches lol.

cascadescrambler

cascadescrambler - Aug 10, 2019 9:14 pm Date Climbed: Aug 12, 1994

Two for one  Sucess!

Climbed Angell first, then Lees

idahomtnhigh

idahomtnhigh - Jan 1, 2015 7:37 pm Date Climbed: Dec 25, 2014

Best Christmas Ever!!!!!  Sucess!

The weather was great and the snow conditions were awesome. The only reason I didn't give this trip a 5 star rating is on the traverse from Angell Peak to Gunsight Mountain. When we were making the traverse along the ridge the wind came up and with wind chill the temp was well below 0. In several places we had to stop and take shelter from the blowing snow. All in all, great trip.

jlfriesen

jlfriesen - Apr 21, 2014 4:58 pm Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2013

fun peak. one of my first climbs  Sucess!

My brother Jerrod and I climbed these in the early summer and found a significant amount of snow between Lee and Angell's peak. Great little rock notches on top to stop and eat lunch. Not too challenging though. We were able to summit gunsight in the same day.

jafriesen

jafriesen - Apr 19, 2014 5:31 pm Date Climbed: Jun 30, 2013

Lees and Angell  Sucess!

Josh and I hiked up Parker Creek into the Angell Basin on the way up to Lees. Enjoyed the nice views of Crawfish Meadow to the south before heading over to Angell and down to Gunsight. A fair amount of snow remained on the Lees-Angell ridge and the NE slopes of Angell.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Oct 3, 2011 10:47 am Date Climbed: Oct 2, 2011

Fun ridge scramble  Sucess!

Scrambled the ridge over from Gunsight. Tried to stay on the actual ridgecrest which made for some Class 3-4 moves. Was a fun morning. Scrambled down a gully on the east side to head over to Van Patten from here.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 5, 2011 10:52 am Date Climbed: Sep 5, 2011

Angell Peak  Sucess!

Hiked over from Gunsight. Lots of bugs.

Troy B

Troy B - Jan 29, 2011 9:30 pm Date Climbed: Jan 29, 2011

Lees Peak  Sucess!

We camped at Hoffer Lake then made an early ascent up the North Ridge. Excellent winter climb.

boisedoc

boisedoc - Jan 24, 2011 11:44 pm Date Climbed: Jan 23, 2011

good snowshoe climb  Sucess!

this is a good summit for snowshoeing. It is obviously very popular with backcountry skiers as well.

Troy B

Troy B - Jul 1, 2010 3:26 pm Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2010

Route Climbed: Angell Peak via Hoffer Basin   Sucess!

Afternoon climb up the NW face of Angell Pk from Hoffer Basin. Still over a few feet of snow in most places with the summit free. Excellent views of the Elkhorns from the top.

cjwhat

cjwhat - Aug 14, 2008 8:14 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2008

Easy traverse  Sucess!

We traversed the N ridge from the summit of Gunsight. Then descended NE to Lilypad Lake from the saddle between the two. All of this route was easy.

nickkarl

nickkarl - Jul 20, 2008 6:37 pm Date Climbed: Jul 19, 2008

West Ridge  Sucess!

Did the traverse from Lookout to Lee, Angel and ending with Gunsight or "Seperation Peak" since I seperated my shoulder there last December. Was a great Hike and saw a huge Mt. Goat ontop of Angel it was amazing.

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Mar 24, 2007 7:13 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 1981

Lakes Lookout  Sucess!

The easy way. Walked up with Mike, then 3. Mike decided all the tower debris was from a series of lightning strikes, which were reenacted repeatedly in the car on the way home.
Actual date week after Labor Day.

Moni

Moni - Dec 13, 2005 11:48 am

Route Climbed: West Ridge Date Climbed: Feb 1975  Sucess!

Approached on skis from the top of Anthony Lakes Ski Area. Several pitches of snow/ice/rime covered rock.



With Fred

cmc56789

cmc56789 - Dec 9, 2005 2:15 am

Route Climbed: The Lakes Lookout trail Date Climbed: September 14, 2005  Sucess!

I did this one as the finale of a four day trip to the Elkhorns immediately after doing Gunsight Mountain. Pretty slow going on the drive from Forest road 73. Easy hike with excellent views. Long drive back to Portland afterwards.

mrh

mrh - Dec 9, 2005 1:25 am

Route Climbed: The Lakes Lookout trail Date Climbed: August 4, 2005  Sucess!

On the return from Mt. Ruth I headed west through Crawfish Basin and around the west end of this mountain group to The Lakes Lookout trail. Followed it to the summit then descended down through the saddle between The Lakes Lookout and Lees Peak into the Hoffer Lakes Basin before returning to Anthony Lake.

mrh

mrh - Dec 9, 2005 1:22 am

Route Climbed: Angel/Lees via Gunsight traverse Date Climbed: July 1, 2005  Sucess!

Poked around Hoffer Basin then climbed the west ridge of Gunsight Mt. before traversing over to Angel Pk. From there I headed across the easy connecting ridge to Lees Pk before dropping off the back side and looping around Dutch Flat Saddle then Angel Pass and back to Anthony. Great day.

Viewing: 1-18 of 18
Return to 'Angell Pk/Lees Pk/Lakes L.O.' main page