Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Alpine Climbing, Bouldering, Aid Climbing, Hiking, Skiing, Wildlife, Flora, Topo/Diagram, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Humor, Water

How To Do It!!

There are several ways to make short animation/slideshow. The way I'm most familiar with are .gif's. I was reading though the SP specs and SummitPost accepts picture formats jpeg, bmp, and gif; as long as they are fewer than 8mb. Gif’s can be animated using a number of different software (I use Adobe Premiere Pro and there may be some freeware on the web). When you make the animated gif you have to make sure the size doesn’t exceed the 8mb (or sp will not except it) so I used 3 frames per sec (at that rate you can make about a 20sec video/sideshow).

Also check-out this forum on A-N-I-M-A-T-I-O-N

IF YOU HAVE MORE WAYS ON HOW TO MAKE AN ANIMATED PICTURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AND I WILL ADD THE INFORMATION TO THIS PAGE.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Feb 14, 2007 9:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Maybe make it an article

Not a complaint, just a suggestion: a lot of people might find this quite useful, but you know albums disappear from What's New pretty quickly and then get little notice afterward.

If you developed the information a little more and changed this to an article, it would probably get more notice and become more valuable to members, too. Just a thought to help you with what seems like a cool idea.

swm88er

swm88er - Feb 14, 2007 9:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Maybe make it an article

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go ahead and do that. I think it would make a good article, might be a while before I get to it though. Thanks again!

Jakester

Jakester - Jul 6, 2007 5:26 pm - Voted 10/10

For some reason...

For some reason my gifs only animate when viewed at full size. Or maybe it's just my browser.

swm88er

swm88er - Jul 6, 2007 7:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: For some reason...

That happens when I use Adobe Photoshop. When I use Adobe Premiere I don't have the problem, Gangolf Haub said he is not sure what it is, maybe a problem with the site:(

If you look at some images in the album they have the same problem as yours.
Funny animation by the way:), it might work as your avatar...worth a shot.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4