Appalachian Trail (South)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.96800°N / 75.123°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 1)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Getting There" section of the main page.

Route Description


This route heads south on the Appalachian Trail from the Delaware Water Gap National Scenic Area. The trail crosses from Minsi to Tammany via the bridge that crosses the Delaware for Interstate 80. From the point where the trail leaves the bridge on the south shores, the hike is nearly nine miles in total length with an elevation gain of 1,100 feet. The trail is similar to the rest of the A.T. in Pennsylvania with some very rocky footing and at some places decently steep terrain. Overall though this is a wonderful short hike with minimal elevation gain. The views are great from many spots along the trail, especially near the infamous cliff bands. Enjoy the hike!

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking boots, food/water, trekking poles, and a camera!

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.