Applegate Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
calipidder

calipidder - Mar 8, 2023 3:16 pm Date Climbed: Sep 25, 2021

Paired with Garfield peak  Sucess!

Nice little cross country hike from Garfield

SkiValdez

SkiValdez - Aug 22, 2018 7:54 am Date Climbed: Aug 18, 2018

Crater Lake 7 Summits on the rim proper  Sucess!

Climbed as part of our 7 summits on the rim proper. Started with a double of Garfield Peak and Applegate, followed by a double of The Watchman and Hillman Peak, then Llao Rock, CloudCap, and Dutton Cliffs as singular climbs.

We climbed Applegate as a combo with Garfield. No trail from Garfield over and getting down and back up out of the notch in between can be a little slippery in the loose rock and ash. The climb up Applegate itself isn't terribly steep, just loose, and I would recommend gaiters to keep your shoes dirt and pebble free. Just under 6 miles round trip. Great views from the top of the lake and surrounding summits.

Check out our video here:
https://youtu.be/8EdGt9fVBPA

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 7, 2016 7:52 pm Date Climbed: Sep 30, 2016

12 peaks in 2 days  Sucess!

A solo trip which I started with Misery Ridge at Smith Rock. From there I stopped for a hike up Black Butte on my way to Crater Lake. At the lake I hiked up the 5 primary peaklets around the lake and a few minor ones like Dyar Rock. I ate an apple on the summit of Applegate. Later I drove to Yamsay Mountain for the final hike. See the trip report.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Dec 24, 2015 4:11 pm Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2015

From Garfield Peak  Sucess!

Nice easy hike across the rim, views off the little summit of this one into the lake far below brought back memories of standing on some of the high peaks around Bend.

EastKing

EastKing - Oct 14, 2014 1:26 pm Date Climbed: Sep 23, 2014

Potential storm prevented me here

Got Garfield and was about to head over to Applegate but a number of dark clouds started to head in. Thought better of it and will get it next year.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Applegate Peak' main page