Approach from the valley Wangenitz tal

Approach from the valley Wangenitz tal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.94880°N / 12.80480°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling, Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The starting point is the valley Wangenitz Tal that is approachable from the valley Möltall, from the village Mürtschah. We drive over the road to the meadow Wangenitzalm (1371m).


Route Description

From the meadow we continue in the valley Wangenit Tal by beautiful meadows. The route is beautiful and we enjoy in nice area. We come on the hut Wangenitzsee (2508m). We come here in time around 3-4 hours.

From the hut we follow the signposts behing the hut for Petzeck. First we must cross the long slopes in the east direction where at the end of the crossing we must climb the short airy ridge with the help of iron ropes. Then we ascend over the nice grassy hills all the way up to the start of the basin Kruckel Kar where we turn to the right and over the steep rocky face (around UIAA I some places) we reach the higher plateau, 3136m.

From here we cross the rocky ridge to the start of very short and small part of the glacier. We do not have any problems with crossing. After crossing we have around 100 meters of ascent over rocky slope to the summit of Petzeck, 3283m. From the hut we need around 2-3 hours.

We descend by the sam route.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes and helmet, a lot of water in hot days.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PetzeckRoutes