Bob BoltonNice work!

Bob Bolton

It's good to see more and more prominence-based lists here at SummitPost! Will you follow up with New Mexico and Nevada? -Bob
Posted Dec 31, 2006 3:19 am

ericnoelNice

ericnoel

Nice page Scott. Looking forward to your NM and NV pages.

Interesting to see that the P2000s seem to be much more likely than the
Posted Dec 31, 2006 7:08 pm

surgentRe: Nice

surgent

Not sure if I'll do a Nevada P2K page - that's a huge list. On the other hand, maybe a NM page might be a good idea. The AZ page was created because I wanted to collect the info onto one page, and motivate myself (and perhaps others) to go get a few of them. A lot still have no SP pages!
Posted Jan 2, 2007 7:06 pm

ericnoelRe: Nice

ericnoel

We'll NM would be a good addition. Looks like Bob now has a 50% success rate when volunteering you for more work. :-)

Really though, I think these pages are great. As I've said before, the prominence websites have been lacking in having a central place to go for info on the more obscure peaks so this page as well as the one the Oregonians have put up plus Klenke's page are fantastic additions. That's 3 of 11 Western states and NM if it comes to fruition would make 4.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 5:22 am

surgentRe: Nice

surgent

I most certainly agree. I may do one for NM in the near future, once I have this AZ page up to my liking. I know there are some NM climbers on SP who probably are better qualified for setting up a NM-Prom page, but if no one steps forward, I may do it myself.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 7:18 pm

DeanRe: Nice

Great info and motivational for sure. Excellent concept.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 7:28 pm

Dan the JonesBaldy Peak

Dan the Jones

I belive that Baldy Peak has two point of prominence and that is why there is not a number 6 on the list, but on the map there is a green square for five and six. Am I missing it?
Posted Jan 2, 2007 10:43 pm

surgentRe: Baldy Peak

surgent

#5 is Miller Peak, with 5,000+ feet - an Ultra Peak. Thanks for catching the goof - I had it in the html, but a missing quote sign messed that entry up. I fixed it and it should appear normally, now.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 7:14 pm

Dan the JonesRe: Baldy Peak

Dan the Jones

no problem, I only picked it up because I was looking at the ones most accessible from Central New Mexico. Great job.
Posted Jan 3, 2007 7:46 pm