DeanUntitled Comment

Harlan, great first page on SP and great to see you add this area since I have been wanting to do Arrow Peak's Hp 5226 for some time.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 1:14 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Nice page, but please attach the photographs to the various sections, will make the page more lively.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 4:52 am

MoapaPkUntitled Comment

MoapaPk

I agree totally with your comments -- just don't have a lot of time right now! I looked for editing instructions, and didn't find too much helpful info for putting up summitpost reports; I know there must be easier ways. My links have been added by placing html links on the page, manually.

Maybe in March 2006 I'll have more time. Check Anya Jingle's links (I added them) -- her pictures are much better than anything I could offer.
Posted Feb 3, 2006 10:29 pm

shanrickvUntitled Comment

shanrickv

Great page. I agree with Johan, attach the pics to the Overview, Getting There sections and it makes the cover page 100% better.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 8:23 am

MoapaPkUntitled Comment

MoapaPk

Posted Feb 3, 2006 10:30 pm

cp0915Untitled Comment

cp0915

Looks great, Harlan.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 10:40 am

MoapaPkUntitled Comment

MoapaPk

That's the great thing about the Arrow Cnayon Range --no need for a 4WD. Just look for a place to pull off the road (rte 93) as far as possible, to keep from getting a non-ticket warning form highway patrol. Most trip starts have turnouts nearby, or you may find a good place to drive to the parallel gas line road.
Posted Feb 3, 2006 10:58 pm

dadndaveUntitled Comment

dadndave

Well written page. You have plenty of good photos available. It's a shame not to see some of them enhancing the main page.
Posted Jan 14, 2006 1:35 am

gjagielsUntitled Comment

gjagiels

Well done! Excellent route pages!
Posted Jan 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Very interesting page. That rock looks volcanic...
Posted Jan 15, 2006 6:00 am

MoapaPkUntitled Comment

MoapaPk

It's actually all sedimentary, metasomatized enough for interesting texture. The silica in the limstone often creates weathering that is vaguely remniscent of basalt.
Posted Feb 10, 2006 7:00 pm

brianhughesGreat Page ...

brianhughes

I just stumbled onto this page after one of the photos caught my eye. But after reading through your descriptions, I'm putting this range high on my list for my upcoming trip to Las Vegas during Thanksgiving week.
Posted Sep 21, 2006 4:14 pm

MoapaPkRe: Great Page ...

MoapaPk

I think it will be cool enough by then. Actually, with the weather we've had lately, it may be cool enough right now. I've been there as late as May, when there were cool windows of opportunity.
Posted Sep 22, 2006 2:45 am

redsplashman23Great Page

redsplashman23

Great Page Harlin. However, The Arrow Canyon Range is technically an Area/Range. Peak 5146, 5219, 5205, and 5226 are all peaks in the range. I would suggest making a page for the Area/Range and then a separate page with each peak.
Posted Feb 23, 2007 12:14 am

MoapaPkRe: Great Page

MoapaPk

The page was created before SP2, and was actually tranferred to "range" status automatically when SP2 came on-line. After consultation with the elves, I chose to change it back to a "mountain" page, because few read range pages. In my page, the main route actually goes over at least 3 summits, and it would seem artificial to create a page for each summit --especially as no peak in the range is actually "named" (though a benchmark and a vertical control point have PID names).

I can see the purpose of range pages if the area is geographically diverse, but this area is small (5 miles long) and has a nearly constant geology. In the Arrow Mountains, one can see the same quartzite band and limestone layers from south to north. Most of the peaks have small prominence relative to each other.

My aim is to provide people with enough information to climb the same peaks that I have visited. The page seems to be serving that purpose. It is unclear how range status would enhance that information; it certainly decreased the number of hits.
Posted Feb 23, 2007 4:48 am