Attempt on Lake Como 02/12/10

Attempt on Lake Como 02/12/10

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Topo/Diagram, Informational, Scenery

The best laid plans...

... usually weren't laid that well, after all, were they?

These photos are from an attempt to hike up to Lake Como and make camp on the evening of Friday, February 12, then snag Blanca Peak and hike out Saturday.

We were two hours late to the trailhead and weren't able to drive up higher than 8000'. We hiked to 9300' and pitched our tents along the Lake Como road. Next morning we decided to abandon our plans to summit and attempted a leisurely hike to Lake Como. Deep snow slowed us tremendously and, not feeling it necessary to return in the dark, we turned back ~1 mile short of the lake.

... and certainly don't account for car trouble!

But that's a whole different story.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Feb 17, 2010 7:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice album!

I take it though this isn't Lago di Como in Bella Italia, but somewhere in the USA - right?

metal4lyf

metal4lyf - Feb 17, 2010 10:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice album!

Thanks! And you're correct, this is Lake Como in the basin southwest of Blanca Peak and Ellingwood Point in Colorado. Or would have been Lake Como if we'd reached it. ;-)

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.