Autumn Colors. Maroon Bells, USA.

Autumn Colors. Maroon Bells, USA.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

North and South Maroon Bells.

Maroon Bells, Colorado. (Autumn)Maroon Bells as seen from Maroon Lake.
Maroon Bells, Colorado. (Autumn)Andres heading up to Unknown Peak 13,039.
Sep.28.2007. The Maroon Bells is a mountain in the Elk Mountains that consists of two peaks, South Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak, separated by about a third of a mile. The mountain is about 12 miles southwest of Aspen.

Both peaks are counted as fourteeners. South Maroon Peak (4,315 m/14,156 ft), is the 27th highest peak in Colorado; North Maroon Peak, at (4,271 m/14,014 ft), is the 50th highest. The view of the Maroon Bells from the Maroon Creek valley to the northeast is one of the most famous scenes in Colorado, and is reputed to be the "most-photographed spot in Colorado" and one of Colorado's premier scenic overlooks.

Bells and aspens...

I drove home late at night after work, picked my brother Andres up and headed to the Maroon Lake parking lot. We got to the Maroon Creek Valley around midnight. Andres and I slept in my truck and woke up early in the morning to see the sunrise.

It was an amazing scenary. We could see the beautiful colors of the leaves turning from orange to yellow during the second week of fall. We hiked up to Buckskin Pass (3,884 m/12,462 ft), took a few pictures of the surroundings and then we continued scrambling up to Unknown Peak 13,039. Spent a couple of minutes at its top and then headed back down to Maroon Creek Trailhead and continued photographing the aspens.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
cp0915

cp0915 - Oct 2, 2007 11:10 am - Voted 10/10

Nice photos

I can't believe how much it's changed in the few shorts weeks since I was there!

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Oct 2, 2007 7:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice photos

Thanks! Yes, I went to the Bells a month before my trip, it was totally different.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Oct 2, 2007 7:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great photos

Thanks!. This place is really beautiful and one of the best areas to take pictures of aspens during the fall season..

Viewing: 1-3 of 3