rematoreGreat

rematore

pictures, and I definitely think there is a place for this page on summitpost.
Posted Jan 7, 2007 11:18 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Great

Bob Sihler

Thank you for that vote of support!
Posted Jan 8, 2007 12:30 am

mrhVery nice

mrh

This page was an enjoyable read. Great job.
Posted Jan 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Very nice

Bob Sihler

Thank you-- glad you enjoyed it!
Posted Jan 13, 2007 8:13 pm

Arthur DigbeeGood page

Arthur Digbee

Nice page, with great photographs. I don't think you need to be defensive about it at all!

It's a good place to introduce kids to scrambling. We couldn't keep them off the "peaks."
Posted Jan 23, 2007 10:47 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Good page

Bob Sihler

Thank you for the vote, comment, and support. You're probably right-- I haven't had any negative comments yet-- but I've seen that kind of lecturing on others' pages. I'll probably change or delete that beginning after the page drops off What's New.
Posted Jan 24, 2007 2:02 am

46and2Good Job!

46and2

I doubt most people have ever thought about Badlands NP much less been there to check it out. Is it like climbing in Jasper NP or Alaska or the Alps? No, but that does not make it any less interesting, challenging or viable for a page. In my opinion. I went there for the first time in June 2006 with my 5 year old son - it looks more like southern Utah than South Dakota. And yeah, you are right... when it is wet, the clay truly does suck!
Posted Feb 3, 2007 5:28 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Good Job!

Bob Sihler

I really appreciate your remarks, and I say let everybody else pass this great place by! It's one of the most beautiful, most peaceful places in the country!
Posted Feb 3, 2007 7:14 pm

Judd97Awesome

Judd97

Awesome page! I was lucky enough to visit the Badlands last May (2007) and it was an experience I'll never forget. It definitely deserves a place on SP!
Posted Nov 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Awesome

Bob Sihler

Thank you for the positive words. I am glad you liked the area so much; I think it is one of the most incredible places I have ever seen.
Posted Nov 24, 2007 8:04 pm

FlatheadNativeThanks

FlatheadNative

Bob, just found this area on SP. I lived in the badlands of eastern Montana for 7 years. There is incredible beauty there as well as a rugged environment. Your page is well written and an enjoyable read as well. When are you coming to Glacier?
Posted Jun 21, 2008 9:36 am

Bob SihlerRe: Thanks

Bob Sihler

Thanks, Blake. I have always loved badland country. I haven't traveled extensively in the Montana badlands, but I have at least been to the Missouri Breaks and Makoshika.

I'll be in the Cut Bank area on the 3rd and 4th and at Rising Sun the 5th and 6th. Let me know if your plans have changed and you can get together with me. Since I don't have a cell phone and won't be reachable after I leave, please try to get in touch by the 28th (I fly out on the 30th).
Posted Jun 21, 2008 3:21 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Thanks

FlatheadNative

I just love the Missouri Breaks. I have mule deer hunted there for years and frankly there is no finer area to do that then the breaks. Makoshika is nice too but have not spent much time there.

My commitments have not changed. I have family in town for a 50th anniversary for my parents. have a great time in the park. maybe next year we can climb if you are back this way.
Posted Jun 21, 2008 3:44 pm

Bob SihlerRe: nice report

Bob Sihler

Thanks! It must be great to live so close to so many great areas.
Posted Sep 11, 2008 11:46 am

rebelgrizzBison....

rebelgrizz

helping weed out the stupid people from among us...lol...I love it!
Posted Mar 7, 2012 1:24 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Bison....

Bob Sihler

Seems like an argument for more bison...
Posted Mar 9, 2012 2:44 pm