Baltoro Glacier, Karakoram, Pakistan

Baltoro Glacier, Karakoram, Pakistan

The photo taken during the month of August 2007 while trekking to Baltoro Glacier near Concordia.
Afzal
on Nov 2, 2007 2:11 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 352870

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-10 of 10
lcarreau

lcarreau - Nov 2, 2007 2:36 pm - Voted 10/10

YES, Afzal ...

I LOVE glaciers - they are my favorite! Thank you very much! A TEAR is coming to my eyes.

A question on my mind: Do the EIGHT people in this photo have ROPES? Are you WONDERING about their SAFETY? I LOVE your photos, Afzal! Take care.

Afzal

Afzal - Nov 2, 2007 3:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: YES, Afzal ...

Thank you very much for your vote and kind words to my photo. As for your question of security, the people in the photo has no ropes, but as for the question of safety my staff has vast and precious experience in the field of adventure tourism,. My self and my all staff belongs to Baltistan, and safety is our number one priority. he trekking starts from the village of Askole, walking along the Baltoro Glacier to reach Concordia. Concordia is the heart of Karakoram Range, and center of a complex of some of the world highest peaks and many of the largest glaciers. On every side, within radius of 24 kms, rise up ten of the world’s thirty highest peaks, including, K2, Broad Peak, and Gasherbrum peaks.
There is another option for this trek to cross the high pass of Gondogoro (5585m) and descend in Hushe valley. While crossing the high pass of gondogoro, we have to hire the services of gondogoro rescue team of local people, who provide their services for crossing the Gondogoro pass. For this purpose they have fixed ropes, and trekkers need crampons, ice-x. However, the crossing the high pass of gondogoro can not be underestimated.
Afzal!

Ivona

Ivona - Nov 2, 2007 3:14 pm - Voted 10/10

is it somewhere

near to K2.?It seems to me that one of trails to K2 goes across Baltoro Glacier,but I may be wrong..

Afzal

Afzal - Nov 2, 2007 4:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: is it somewhere

Thanks Ivona, you are right, the photo taken near the Concordia, the peak on the left side is Marble peak!

Ivona

Ivona - Nov 3, 2007 9:26 am - Voted 10/10

Re: is it somewhere

Dear Afzal
what does such trekking cost? and how many days this trip takes?

Afzal

Afzal - Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: is it somewhere

Thanks Ivona, the trekking cost depends on the duration of trek, number of group members and standard of services!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Nov 2, 2007 4:46 pm - Voted 10/10

You really

make it sound interesting. When does the next FLIGHT leave for Pakistan ??? Regards to you.

Afzal

Afzal - Mar 18, 2010 2:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: You really

Thanks! When you plan the trip, you will have the FLIGHT for Pakistan! Best regards, Afzal

drshahidiqbal

drshahidiqbal - Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm - Voted 10/10

nNice

great shot

Afzal

Afzal - Feb 24, 2010 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nNice

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-10 of 10