Barranco de Tacheras

Barranco de Tacheras

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 42.85700°N / 0.79501°W
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 4199 ft / 1280 m

Reaching the trailhead

You will have to get there from Pamplona or Huesca, the biggest closer cities. Follow the road linking both of them (N-240) until the crossing of Venta Carrica. This is a crossing about (will check) sixty kilometers from Pamplona, where you can find a petrol station and the beginning of the road to Sigüés / Salvatierra de Esca / Roncal. Follow this road (NA-137) for thirty kilometers, until you get to Isaba. After Isaba keep going north (NA-1370) for three more kilometers and turn right on the crossing marked as (Zuriza /Ansó). This small road (NA-2000) will take you across the valley of Belabarce and to the camping area at Zuriza, under the Sierra de los Alanos. When you finish coming down from Belabarce (that will be some thirteen kilometers after Isaba), turn left for the Zuriza camping area but do not take the valley going north (in other words: do NOT follow the asphalt road). You must take the dirt road leading east without driving all around the camping area. Last time I was over there, there was a wooden signpost indicating "Tacheras". Follow that dirt road to reach (in about three km) a wide explanade by the river, with ample space to park.
Though the dirt road crosses the river by a small bridge and starts winding uphill, IT IS FORBIDDEN TO DRIVE ANY FURTHER.
Nearest spanish railway stations: Pamplona / Huesca
Nearest spanish airports: Pamplona / Zaragoza

IN WINTER TIME the dirt road between Zuriza and the parking area is usually closed by snow. You will have to leave your vehicle somewhere around the camping site and walk along the valley to reach the summertime parking area.

Road map by viamichelin.com

What you will find there

Absolutely nothing. No services, no food... Nothing but the parking explanade and a small hut placed uphill to your east, on the GR-11 trail.

What to climb from Tacheras

Peña Forca(2391 m)
Rincón de Alano(2353 m)
Chipeta Alto(2189 m)
Petraficha(2188 m)
Quimboa Alto(2179 m)

External Links



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Peña ForcaTrailheads
 
 
Chipeta AltoTrailheads