Bear Mountain Comments

GuitarWIzardUntitled Comment

GuitarWIzard

Thanks :). With the many "fun" peaks submitted that we as mountaineers are interested in, it's nice to have something that the whole family can enjoy. One of these weekends, once I finally get over this bout of Bronchitis, I'll have to take the camera out and get some pictures for the page...
Posted Mar 19, 2002 5:42 pm

JohnUntitled Comment

John

Nice page :-) I agree with Josh - it's nice to see some more Eastern peaks.
Posted Mar 19, 2002 12:57 pm

GuitarWIzardUntitled Comment

GuitarWIzard

Posted Mar 20, 2002 12:01 am

JohnUntitled Comment

John

> it's nice to have something that the whole family can enjoy

I agree! Often times, the hardest mountains for me to find are the ones that I can do with my family ;-)

> take the camera out and get some pictures for the page

I'm looking forward to it :-) Some photos of the autumn leaf peeping season would be excellent!
Posted Mar 20, 2002 8:02 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

good stuff
Posted Mar 20, 2002 10:39 am

MacRaider4Untitled Comment

Good information, thanks
Posted Mar 21, 2002 8:07 pm

GuitarWIzardUntitled Comment

GuitarWIzard

Thanks....got to bring my camera next time, though. Perhaps an overnighter in a few weeks?
Posted Mar 21, 2002 9:20 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Amazing page.....but you know that it NEEDS some photos.......write your OWN Trip Report, it gives folks a real good feel for what its all about......slide in a LINK, like one for Weather...www.weather.com.....with the local zip code in it, and folks can get an idea of the weather even 7 days out !!!! Keep up the good work, and THANK YOU for Caring enough to take time to Share what you know about Bear Mountain !!!
Posted Mar 12, 2003 9:25 pm

marygilbertUntitled Comment

marygilbert

Nice mountain, nice page,NICE WORK. You have done a wonderful job, on a small peak, and made it very appealing. It is such a welcome relief from the "white-knuckle" descriptions that other mountains seem to carry with them. Thank you for taking the time, organizing and assembling all the info.....MG.
Posted Aug 31, 2003 1:04 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Good page, but it looks like it could use an update. Also, perhaps move the photos someone added to the front page.
Posted Apr 9, 2004 10:24 am

jenniferdenoyaUntitled Comment

jenniferdenoya

A few photos would be nice, but the information is very helpful. : ) Let me know if you add some pics and I'll up my vote to 4.
Posted Dec 5, 2004 4:36 pm

GuitarWIzardUntitled Comment

GuitarWIzard

Well.....it's been quite awhile since i've been on this site I must say.....and actually I haven't even climbed/hiked much in the past 2 years :(, but I am making my return shortly. Hopefully I can get some pics up at some point in the next few months of some winter hikes if I head up there.....
Posted Dec 10, 2004 11:25 am

jenniferdenoyaUntitled Comment

jenniferdenoya

Oh, hopefully you will! I'd hate to picture my life without the mountains...though I was fine for 23 years without out them...

; ) Hope you're out and about soon!
Posted Dec 10, 2004 2:11 pm

Tbacon251Untitled Comment

Tbacon251

GuitarWIzard, add some pics and the page will be great.
Posted Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Nice page. It definitely needs some more photos, especially a signature photo. If I have any good ones, I'll upload some soon. A point of correction; the trail on the north side is class 2, with some possible class 3 sections as you do need to use your hands in some places. Also, your map link is broken.
Posted Jun 19, 2005 10:23 pm

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Not a bad informative page. The "50 day hikes in Connecticut" link appears dead. Could definately use a signature picture, but that doesn't affect my vote. Also I'm not completely sure this belongs in the U.S. Highpoints section since it is not the highest point in Connecticut. Let me know if you have info that shows it should. Let me know if you fix the link and I will upgrade my vote.
Posted Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am

mrp281Fun Times on Bear

mrp281

A fun time is hiking it from the South side and descending the north in the winter after a huge snow storm....fun times sliding down!
Posted Jul 22, 2007 5:54 pm