Viewing: 1-20 of 37 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Nice, that is one remote peak! BTW, I saw your name in the Sonora Peak summit register this weekend.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 9:52 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks David. You know, it almost one year ago that I did have the chance to do Sonora Peak, a great area. The day before Sonora we had been on Boundary Peak in absolutely fantastic weather. Can't wait to get back down to the Sierra this summer. I appreciate your vote.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:09 pm

IdahoKidUntitled Comment

IdahoKid

Wow, that is really out there. Good page Dean!

Sean
Posted Jun 6, 2005 10:58 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Sean, it is indeed out there. Nice to have behind me as I pursue Oregon peaks.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:58 pm

txmountaineerUntitled Comment

txmountaineer

Great page!
Posted Jun 6, 2005 11:49 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks a bunch for your comment and the vote. Doesn't it remind you just a little bit of Texas?
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:59 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Yes, I think this peak would fit perfectly in Okla or Texas. Thanks for your vote.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 2:21 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page, Dean. My only suggestion might be to use a different signature pic, as I like the others better.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:38 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page. Another jewel out in the middle of nowhere.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:50 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks once again for your vote and for taking the time to check this one out and comment on it. This area is really interesting to me, since I've just gotten into doing the desert peaks in the last year or so. Before then, I was always heading for the lakes and pines of Washington state. They all have their beauty.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 5:01 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

I found that out when I was in Tuscon, Arizona. It was there that I realized that mountains can be beautiful no matter what the climate or vegetation is on or around it.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 9:44 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Courtney and congrat's on Boundary and Montgomery. Glad to see you got some good weather this time around.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 1:56 pm

cp0915Untitled Comment

cp0915

Thanks Dean. We were really pleased. A terrific day out. Montgomery is definitely a stand-out desert peak.

Posted Jun 6, 2005 2:42 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Some barren looking terrain! Excellent job on your page as always.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 3:16 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Joseph, I appreciate your comments and vote. Nothing like Utah of course but it was an interesting one to do. I'd love to get out and get Graham Peak in the Silvers near Wendover as well as some of those isolated peaks west of the Great Salt Lake, Tangent and Desert Peaks. Probably wait till next years on those but the desert peaks are fascinating to me after all these years in Washington.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 5:18 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Nice! I don't normally vote on peaks in areas I'm not familiar with, but your prose is very entertaining. I can certainly sympathize with the "because it's there" mentality. Nice job.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 3:23 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks Charles for your comments. I was hoping my prose didn't overdo it but I wrote most of that at 4 a.m. and in re-reading some of it, I think I was a little harsh about the location, but on second thought, it is all so true. I look forward to someday getting over to your fine state and getting in some of the peaks. I have a lot of the guide books so I'm eager to get there some day. So many mountains, so little time.

Thank you for your vote as well and I'm really happy you took the time to check out an area you are not familiar with.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 10:55 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Well, time will tell. I've written a number of things on-line with humorous observations about the locals only to have the locals email me and be less than pleased about my comments. The internet is everywhere!

Come on out to Colorado. Everyone else seems to be here ;-)
Posted Jun 7, 2005 12:15 am

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Awsome page Dean on a neat, little-known peak! Talk about remote...

Cool region of the state.

Thanks for adding.

Radek
Posted Jun 6, 2005 4:40 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thanks a bunch for the vote and comments Radek. Your state is full of neat areas, even the "outback". I always enjoy all the stuff you post and I'm always impressed by how much you and Shirley travel to do what you do. I salute you both because summitpost is so much the richer because of your contributions.
Posted Jun 6, 2005 10:57 pm