Ben Nevis Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 152
Nashty6

Nashty6 - Aug 10, 2022 4:31 am Date Climbed: May 13, 1994

Wet, windy and wild.   Sucess!

Did I mention it was shitty weather?

mklootwijk - Aug 5, 2022 10:41 am Date Climbed: Jul 21, 2022

Climbed in Scottish style… wet and fog :)  Sucess!

Drizzle and fog on the summit. Nice hike though!

fagin

fagin - Jul 2, 2022 10:28 am Date Climbed: Jun 20, 1998

Done and done  Sucess!

Climbed it with friends, with family, individually, as part of the three peaks, with damaged knees, from the front, up the back, in rain, in snow, and unbelievably, in sunshine!

fubar7500

fubar7500 - Aug 27, 2020 9:18 am Date Climbed: Aug 3, 2020

Normal ascend from Glen Nevis  Sucess!

Normal ascend from Glen Nevis

Brem - Aug 7, 2019 11:05 pm Date Climbed: May 15, 2019

Beat the crowds in the morning  Sucess!

Sporadically decided to wake up early and climb Ben Nevis in 4 hours. Got to the trail early morning before most people. Reached the summit in just over 2 hours. Spent some time at the top because of the clear weather and warm sun. There was still snow at the peak. Got down in under 2 hours but passed many groups of hikers going up.

Sawtooth Scott

Sawtooth Scott - Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am Date Climbed: Jun 14, 2019

A fine day out  Sucess!

The Pony Track does not hurt for company. It also provides stunning vistas and an enjoyable capstone to my West Highland Way experience. Temper your expectations as this is a simple walk up, not a climb. Nonetheless, the Pony Track provides for an invigorating hike and an excuse to have an extra pint at the Crofter in Fort William afterwards.

Be sure to pack the standard layers as you will likely go through them all. Mine was a proper Scottish summer day, with warm early morning temperatures followed by high winds, rain, clear skies, snow, heavy cloud cover, rain, high winds, and then a cool early afternoon. Bridge to summit to bridge hike time was just under 6 hours.

Ingurdiz777

Ingurdiz777 - Jun 14, 2019 6:19 am Date Climbed: May 16, 2019

The Peak unto Heaven  Sucess!

Went up the Pony Path this was my second Hike up Ben Nevis and the weather was clear the sun was over bearing for sure.

Not many climbers that day, but still had the community spirit that I love about Nevis.

Took my friend up this was his first climb.

I shall return to you my old friend

NurseMartin

NurseMartin - Feb 5, 2019 7:10 am

Rain!  Sucess!

I was imagine this one is going to be easy, but we picked the wrong day regarding the weather. Real windy and a lot of rain, made it real cold and long day. On the other side, the beer taste nice when we return.

Walkoutnow

Walkoutnow - Jan 1, 2019 7:21 am Date Climbed: Dec 29, 2018

Tower Ridge  Sucess!

Great day out on Ben Nevis. Didn't get the full winter conditions that I was hoping for, but was such a fun climb nonetheless. Ridge was very slippery from all the rain, then got icy about 400m up, then finally a snowy/icy finish to cap it off. This makes tower gap a fun little adrenaline surge, for sure. Not much in the way of views, but climbing up in the fog/clouds made for a cool environment. 8 hrs car to car. So happy to get the chance to come do this classic UK route. Highly recommend it.

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Sep 5, 2018 1:15 am Date Climbed: Jun 16, 2018

Pony track aka Normal route  Sucess!

Arrvied at the start of the route thinking we would never be able to go up because of the bad weather. But at the carpark we could see many people had gone up already. Rain, rain and rain along the route. Still, despite of the weather, I have never seen so many people on a mountain before (about a 1000 on route I guess), it is ridiculous. Still, a great mountain and a great day out.

MikeLJ

MikeLJ - May 24, 2018 1:51 pm Date Climbed: Feb 28, 1986

My first ascent  Sucess!

Ascent via CMD arete in fantastic Winter conditions with Tom P.

boriskrielen

boriskrielen - Feb 9, 2018 1:50 pm Date Climbed: Aug 15, 2003

Normal route  Sucess!

Did the normal route.

MountainHikerCO

MountainHikerCO - Jun 22, 2017 4:02 pm Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2017

Top of Britain  Sucess!

Up the Pony Track. Mountain covered with mist. Only a few glimpses of the sun all day. Well constructed trail. Interesting collection of summit structures when shrouded in mist.

steved

steved - Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am Date Climbed: Apr 22, 2016

Pony track & Carn Mor Dearg  Sucess!

Ascended via the pony track and descended via the Carn Mor Dearg arete which gives great views of the north face, camped at the Glen Nevis Campsite. Photos and route map-https://www.flickr.com/photos/64069866@N05/albums/72157667534814286/with/26587748951/

jck

jck - Mar 14, 2017 7:21 am

Pony in winter  Sucess!

Winter...but the conditions were summer-like. Hot and sunny day, snow only near the top. Fantastic views, memorable day.

seancau

seancau - Sep 4, 2016 7:26 pm Date Climbed: Jun 27, 2015

Easy walk up normal route  Sucess!

Flew to Inverness for a weekend to meet a friend, we drove to the (free) car park at Achintee farm and hiked up in a little under 3hrs. Still lots of snow near the top, even in June. Unspectacular summit covered in clouds, although there were some nice views on the walk up.

ScottyS

ScottyS - Oct 13, 2015 10:31 am Date Climbed: Oct 13, 2015

Tourist alert  Sucess!

Took an extra day while running around Scotland to walk up this fun summit. Sea-level air is like cheating, even when you are not in shape.......a start of 6am saw me on the summit at 9am. Gotta love the October sun at this latitude - it was pretty chilly at the top. Clear skies and high pressure made for a wonderful if non-typical day.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Aug 23, 2015 5:31 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2015

Across CMD  Sucess!

I climbed across the nice ridge of Carn Mor Dearg descending for the normal

viktor vaughn

viktor vaughn - Feb 10, 2015 5:40 am Date Climbed: Feb 6, 2015

Tower Gully  Sucess!

Extraordinary weather and everything well frozen. Great day out!

HawkeyeHuff

HawkeyeHuff - Jan 26, 2015 4:38 am Date Climbed: May 15, 2000

Ben Nevis  Sucess!

Made it to the top in just under 3 hours. Visibility good until on the summit plateau. Descending was very tough on my knees. Recovered in time to climb Snowdon three days later. Really enjoyed meeting other hikers, especially at the Glen Nevis Youth Hostel.

Steve Hufford
Anchorage, AK USA

Viewing: 1-20 of 152
Return to 'Ben Nevis' main page