Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Scott

Scott - Oct 9, 2011 11:05 am - Hasn't voted

Needs more information

It's not a bad start, but this page really needs some more information. It's more or less an average page right now, but it can be improved.

It needs some more details on the driving directions and especially the route description. The time needed for the climb should also be mentioned, for example, I believe this one is ~20 miles round trip.

The links could also be made live (SP has instructions on this) as well.

Please take this vote as some positive constructive criticism. The Flat Tops are a great place and you have some great photos on this page.

edevart

edevart - Oct 11, 2011 6:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Needs more information

Hi Scott - I'm of the school that it is more important to get the peak listed and up than get the page perfect. That said, I'll try to add some of the improvements you suggest on time required, route descriptions, etc.

I have no idea what making links live means.

Scott

Scott - Oct 18, 2011 12:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Needs more information

I have no idea what making links live means.

Converting his:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/whiteriver/recreation/wilderness/flattops/index.shtml

To this:

Click Here for More Information (or whatever other text you want the link to say)

There are directions on how to do this on the FAQ's or there's a way to do it on the page itself.

That way, you can click on the link on your page and go right to the other site.

That said, I'll try to add some of the improvements you suggest on time required, route descriptions, etc.

That would be great. I'll be looking foreward to seeing it. The Flat Tops are great.

edevart

edevart - Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Improvements

Scott - I added some of the improvements you suggested. The link is not yet a hyperlink, but users can cut and paste, or just rightclick on the link and open in a new box.

I think the page has all the information one would need to climb this peak. I do not include a map, because there are so many routes into and out of this peak that it is better if folks decide for themselves which way is right for them.

thanks.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Big Marvine Peak' main page