Big Sam Comments

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Nice page. Thanks for adding this.
Posted Nov 4, 2003 7:18 am

Brett AUntitled Comment

Brett A

Thanks for the corrections and suggestions. I added a route, fixed the errors, added the weather and 1 more picture.

Brett
Posted Nov 4, 2003 8:13 pm

Brett AUntitled Comment

Brett A

Thanks for the vote.
Posted Nov 5, 2003 12:21 am

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Brett - can you please "detach" my photo of Big Sam from the south. The photo is currently attached to the Main Page, but the it would be more useful on the Southern Slope page to show the route... (I'll have to attach it, but I can't do that until you detach it...) You'll need to edit the Main Page to do that.

Many thanks,

George
Posted Nov 10, 2003 9:03 pm

Brett AUntitled Comment

Brett A

Done. Thanks for the pictures and routes.
Posted Nov 10, 2003 10:17 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

Good page. A couple of suggestions:

(1) The weather forecast would probably be more useful to people than current conditions. I'd recommend using that instead. (As I recall, it's the second code fragment on their pages).

(2) For people who don't have Schifrin's book, or who can't be bothered to find their copy to check against this page, I'd suggest not using the SP2 nomenclature here--or at least relegating it to a parenthetical comment. Where does that trail lead?
Posted Nov 10, 2003 9:07 pm

Brett AUntitled Comment

Brett A

Done. Thanks for the vote and suggestions.
Posted Nov 10, 2003 10:21 pm

AlpinistUntitled Comment

Alpinist

Brett, the timetemperature.com web site provides a 2-day forecast, versus the single day forecst that you selected. I think that's what Matthew was suggesting... The 2-day forecast info appears just below the single-day forecast on their web site. (Look at the Kennedy Peak page for an example.)
Posted Nov 11, 2003 11:42 am

QuailBSCool!

Well, I didnt even know thise peak had a name or page. I climbed this peak in 2002, Ill have to log my visit. Im also planning the same backpacking route for an upcoming trip in july, so Ill be climbing it again soon.
Also, I love the weather deal on the page. Totaly helpful!
Posted Jun 18, 2006 2:37 am

tarolFee info is not correct

tarol

The America the Beautiful pass is $80 and is not needed on all federal lands. To my knowledge is is not needed at all on the Stanislaus National Forest.
Posted Oct 19, 2007 6:00 pm

AlpinistCorrections

Alpinist

Tarol is correct; the fee program does not currently apply to the Emigrant Wilderness Area and should be omitted so as not to confuse people.

Also, the user ID GeorgeN was changed to Alpinist a while back.

Thanks...
Posted Jun 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Brett ARe: Corrections

Brett A

Ok, I think I've addressed these issues, and sorry for the delay. Thanks Tarol and Alpinist
Posted Dec 14, 2008 3:18 pm