Viewing: 1-8 of 8
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 17, 2004 11:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice start to your page. More overview information would be a nice addition, but your photos and everything else are great. Good job and good climbing to you!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 18, 2004 3:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page with great pix

mmoerk

mmoerk - Jul 18, 2004 10:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good job.

MrWasatch

MrWasatch - Jul 18, 2004 11:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent addition, good route and pictures.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jul 21, 2004 10:51 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You got it...

Thanks for the feedback and vote.

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Jul 28, 2004 1:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. You've got some good photos and have described things quite thoroughly. I'm envious - I had been in the area twice earlier with plans to climb the peak, both to do something new and to put up its mountain page!

I have some photos that I'll add later.

By the way, how did the ridge linking Bighorn and Lone Pk look from the summit?

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jul 28, 2004 10:33 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the 4-star vote.



My photos from this hike are kind of washed out, since the day was getting overcast - hopefully you have some better ones to add.



For the most part the ridge between Bighorn & Lone didn't look too difficult, with the exception of a short serrated section that looked like it might get pretty nasty. I'd also heard some bad things about the short ridge between the 2 summits of Lone, but I did it a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly easy.



I'd been planning to include the traverse to Lone as part of the Bighorn hike, but the dark afternoon clouds were already forming up so I bagged the idea. I also wasn't too thrilled with the thought of routefinding a way down the east face of Lone, although I''ve heard it can be done.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 8, 2004 3:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. You may want to suggest a way to add Lone Peak to the climb. Although that may be a major addition, it seems that it wouldn't be for someone who camped out on the trail.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Bighorn Peak (Upper Bells Peak)' main page