Bighorns Aug/Sep 2007

Bighorns Aug/Sep 2007

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Intro

Finally, after all these years living in the midwest, I discovered a mountain range within 12-13 hours drive of my house - the Bighorns of north central Wyoming. What gets me is why it took me this long (eight years) to make the connection that there were mountains within a half day's drive... if you do not count the 2,000 foot "knolls" of northern Minnesota of course. Which frankly, I do not.

Mirror Lake & RipplesMirror Lake at Sunset


The photos in this album are all from the West Tensleep area - the campground at the end of the road and Mirror Lake to be exact. I took my six year old son for the first time to the mountains. Sure, he had been to grandma and grandpa's in Park City, UT but that was years ago.

Simply put, this trip was to introduce my kids to the mountains and more specifically, to backpacking in the mountains. My nine year daughter though opted to stay home and train for her upcoming gymnastics meets so it was just my son and I.

We spent two days at the West Tensleep CG and two days backpacking at Mirror Lake. The hike was short and there was no climbing but it was a great time nonetheless.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Andino

Andino - Sep 4, 2007 12:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Don't forget to add...

a primary image ;o)

46and2

46and2 - Sep 4, 2007 1:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Don't forget to add...

Thanks! I am creating the album literally right now and have not yet selected a primary image. Not sure which one to use.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.