Mountain JimThank you !!!

Mountain Jim

Mark ... Great job !!! I'm glad you posted the ol' Black Canyon. It's a very spectacular place.
I posted a few historical shots of Layton Kor that I took on the first ascent.
Peace, Jim
Posted Dec 14, 2006 8:08 pm

Mark DoironRe: Thank you !!!

Mark Doiron

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I hope it works out okay; I'm not a technical climber, but it just didn't seem right not having a page for it. And thanks for the images, too! --mark d.
Posted Dec 14, 2006 8:25 pm

Aaron JohnsonOutstanding Effort

Aaron Johnson

Thanks for this wonderful Christmas present to SP. Nice to see the Black Canyon so well represented here, and perhaps better than anywhere else on the internet. Great assortment of photos and loads of info!
Posted Dec 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Mark DoironRe: Outstanding Effort

Mark Doiron

Thanks, Aaron! Now, if I can just find someone to fill in that technical climbing part, that would be great. In fact, I think it would be neat to have more info on the paddling part also. It's definitely a great place; much overlooked by the masses. --mark d.
Posted Dec 25, 2006 5:49 pm

Kieferwonderful!

Kiefer

You've got a great page here, Mark! It definately shows you put some time into this. Thanks for creating this page. The Black Canyon is a great place.
Posted Jan 5, 2007 3:36 am

Mark DoironRe: wonderful!

Mark Doiron

Thanks, Skasgaard, and yes it is a wonderful place! --mark d.
Posted Jan 5, 2007 12:01 pm

Bill ReedNice Page...................

Bill Reed

Mark! Looks like you spent a little time on it. Thanks for making the effort!
Posted Oct 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Mark DoironRe: Nice Page...................

Mark Doiron

Thanks, Bill. One thing I found as I was assembling the page was that there's no place on the Internet that has the info on Black Canyon of the Gunnison all together. Several places and activities are thoroughly discussed, but in separate places (East Portal, Red Rock Canyon, etc, come to mind). I hope that this page does a better job of presenting the info in one place, with links to more detailed info in other places. I also hope that some of the technical climbers will post a few routes. I keep asking when I come across one who has climbed here, but so far no luck. :-( --mark d.
Posted Oct 11, 2007 5:28 am

argothorExcellent

argothor

A worthy page for a worthy place to visit.
Posted Feb 8, 2008 5:24 pm

Mark DoironRe: Excellent

Mark Doiron

Thanks, Argothor! --mark d.
Posted Feb 8, 2008 6:16 pm