hgrapidWhat do you think of my route page?

hgrapid

Nobody has ever voted on my Harney Peak route page - Sylvan #9. Of course, it only relates to Harney Peak.
Posted Feb 15, 2007 10:22 pm

hgrapidAnother note

hgrapid

How about a list of the highest summits? You can probably find it at the Americas Roof site
Posted Feb 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Bob SihlerVery Thoroughly Done

Bob Sihler

Nice to see it. Suggestion: add Needles as an area/range-- easy to find if you search South Dakota areas and ranges. Add Mount Rushmore, too, even though I think it's an eyesore.
Posted Feb 15, 2007 10:38 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: Very Thoroughly Done

Arthur Digbee

Thanks, done.
Posted Feb 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Very Thoroughly Done

Bob Sihler

One problem-- the Needles you added are from California! Go to Areas and Ranges and then to advanced search, and just search South Dakota's areas and ranges.
Posted Feb 16, 2007 12:14 am

Arthur DigbeeRe: Very Thoroughly Done

Arthur Digbee

Oops wrong Needles. All better now, thanks.
Posted Feb 16, 2007 12:54 pm

tarolThanks for the trail info

tarol

I hiked the Canyons Trail at Jewel Cave one soggy November Day back in 2001... But I had forgotten the name of the trail. Thanks!
Posted Feb 16, 2007 5:32 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: Thanks for the trail info

Arthur Digbee

oooh, do you feel a trail report coming on ? :)

Thanks for the comment!
Posted Feb 16, 2007 6:44 pm

Augie MedinaVery nice content

Augie Medina

Enjoyable stuff.
Posted Feb 22, 2007 11:39 pm

Tie-Dye MikeJewel Cave

Tie-Dye Mike

I disagree with Jewel Cave being more boring than Wind Cave, but everyone has their opinion. You should also mention that there are small group tours, in which you can explore the caves with headlamps and ropes. Quite an experience...
Posted Feb 25, 2007 4:03 am

Arthur DigbeeRe: Jewel Cave

Arthur Digbee

The comment refers to the surface, not the caves. Jewel Cave's surface is a more uniform forest, Wind Cave a greater mix of forest and prairie, with much more wildlife.

But, as you say, to each their own.
Posted Feb 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Mark DoironOh Wow!

Mark Doiron

I recall you said you liked the image of Curtis, but thanks for giving it such prominence on the page! The Black Hills are an awesome place. Before I visited on the ground I was doing some engineering test flights on a new system on C-130 aircraft and we spent four hours below 1,000 feet (above ground) in the Black Hills. Great view of Rushmore! Thanks for the page, Arthur! Now I might have to put together a route page for the Walk-in Fishing Area. :-) --mark d.

P.S.--I have an image of some climbers at Sylvan Lake. I might dig that album out, scan, upload and attach it.
Posted Feb 27, 2007 12:38 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: Oh Wow!

Arthur Digbee

It's a great shot, thanks for putting it on SP! I wanted the page to have something that reflected the biking opportunities in the area -- though I wouldn't want SP to become a mountain biking site, obviously. I'll look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Got any trip reports for us, too? :)
Posted Feb 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Mark DoironRe: Oh Wow!

Mark Doiron

Few more images attached. As for a trip report: We were doing a lot of biking that camping trek. I'm hesitant to write a trip report about biking the Walk-in Fishing Area Trail to Central Lake. Great trip, but it would probably irk some of the more "traditional" SP members. --mark d.

P.S.--I'm so excited I've just got to tell someone: The dealership just called and my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X, which I ordered five weeks ago, will be ready for pick-up this evening! :-))))

P.P.S.--If you look at your TOC, you'll notice that you've picked up some stray link info about Curtis and me.
Posted Feb 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Arthur DigbeeRe: Great job.

Arthur Digbee

Thanks! Hope the page is useful to SPers picking up the high point.

To anybody who reads this: I'd love to get more trail reports on here, especially trips that successfully got away from the crowds. Help make the page better!

Posted Mar 3, 2007 3:43 pm

Jeremy HakesAdd WY to the heading?

Jeremy Hakes

Since this fine page incorporates peaks in WY as well (but still within the Black Hills National Forest), it seemingly makes sense to add WY to the title page as well. Your thoughts? Maybe attach Bear Butte SD since that person hasn't responded to their pages in a while.
Posted Sep 18, 2012 7:54 pm