Blue Knob Comments

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Britt, the info is going to be good, I know and I'll bet you'll activate the links. BUT don't take this picture as sig pic. It's not yours and - assuming you got the permission to use it - it is far too small to be used as sig pic!
Posted Aug 25, 2004 4:44 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I found this really interesting information since I had no clue as to the 2nd highest in Pennsylvania. Pages like this are what helps me when I make a trip back east to find things to do. As a county highpointer, the pics are very helpful.
Posted Aug 25, 2004 7:19 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks for the votes and comments. My personal photos were ruined from heat/sun exposure so i have to head back out to take some more here in the near future. Thanks though for your kind comments and vote. Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Aug 26, 2004 8:47 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I understand the 'pics' situation after having lost a bunch I had taken which necessitated going back for a reshoot. Here's a link to the helpful html thread that was on SP a while back. I learned a lot from it so I'll pass it along.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 9:11 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks for the link on how to make links. It was quite helpful. Thanks again and have a good one!
Posted Aug 27, 2004 1:39 pm

MoniUntitled Comment

Moni

I always take issue with a hill that is a ski area - is this really a mountain as defined on the Add a Mountain page or a hill? I also realize that choices are limited in some areas. I have skiied here, by the way.

Posted Aug 25, 2004 8:05 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Most of your sites have been excellent, but this page is kind of neglected.
Posted Aug 26, 2004 10:10 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Britt,

I would be interested in climbing this mountain in a few weeks, and providing some photos and info, but the page is not good enough to make me feel confident about finding the trail. Could you provide more specific information, such as directions to the trailheads, round trip hiking distance and elevation gains?

Do that, and I would be happy to climb here and add some photos.
Posted Jun 4, 2005 1:24 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

I can give you directions and I have a little info on the trail, but I can't remember much about the trail. I'll send it to you in an e-mail. Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Jun 5, 2005 12:06 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thank you for your vote and have a nice weekend!
Posted Sep 3, 2004 9:30 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Looks like you got the second highest summit in the Keystone State! Always wanted to stop by here but my car passengers were always in a hurry!
Posted Nov 28, 2004 10:17 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks for the kind vote and comments. I need to get back there so I can add some photos to this page! Thanks so much though and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Nov 29, 2004 11:43 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Thanks!
Posted Dec 8, 2005 9:57 am

Joe CalzaretteBlue Knob

I applaud your effort to feature some of Pennsylvania's finest mountians. Especially this one, although Mt. Davis is higher, Blue Knob could arguably be Pennsylvania's "Everest". At 3,146 ft. and rising close to 2,000 above the Bedford County counrty side, again in context for out Middle-Atlantic mountains, this one is worth exploring.

One comment I do have is I believe in your text, you are referring to the "Three Springs Trail" not Three Sisters. Also, and I know you mentioned you are working on getting photos, that would great. I have some cool ones if you are interested.

I too love Pennsylvania Mountians, have you ever considered others like Martin Hill (2,775 ft.), North Mountain (2,593 ft.), Brush Mountian (2,590 ft.)....just a thought, keep up the good work!
Posted Mar 16, 2006 4:46 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeRe: Blue Knob

mtwashingtonmonroe

Hey thanks so much for your comments and the correction. Any photos you have would be great because I've been trying to get out that way for a while, but haven't found the time. Any contributions you could make would be awesome. And also.....if you have enough info on those other mountains, post them! I have been up to North Mountain in the Endless Mountains region. Thanks so much again and take care. PA is great!
Posted Mar 18, 2006 5:16 pm

hgrapidAdd route info

hgrapid

Hey,

Good start on fixing this page. Can you add hiking distance/elevation gain for the routes?
Posted Feb 14, 2007 7:09 pm