Blue marks via Kondratowa

Blue marks via Kondratowa

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.25000°N / 19.93330°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 0 ,tourist route ,walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The most popular and most frequented ( crowded by sunny days of summer season) route to Giewont Peak(1894) starts its run
in beatiful forest district of Zakopane town - Kuznice(1010) .

Many bus links Zakopane - Kuznice . It is a distance of 4 km from the center ,nice 3/4 h walk .

There is a Kasprowy Wierch cable car bottom station there ,bus ,taxi ,a few pensions and shops .

Route Description


Kuznice(1010) - Kalatowki(1198) - Hala Kondratowa(1335) - Pieklo - Kondracka Pass(1725) - Giewont(1894)

Blue marks ,6 km ,900 meters of height difference ,2 3/4 h

Our trip begins on a main parking place in Kuznice where there is a crossing of many marked tourist routes ,most of them have their beggining here .

Following blue marks we go up slightly by a wide ,stony ,forest road passing after 800 meters beatifully situated Albertinian monastery
with famous hermitage of Saint Brother Albert (Adam Chmielowski) .
A few tourist roof-shelters on the way .
We still go up slightly admiring nice wievs of Kasprowa Valley and Kasprowy Wierch area reaching after about a half an hour great Kalatowki meadow
with a building of Kalatowki Mountain Hotel . Great views . Then our path enters forests again on the slopes of Kalacka Turnia(1383) going comfortably
higher and higher ,leading through morainal area ,first views of Giewont's summit high above our heads in the sky ...
One hour from Kuznice we enter huge meadow of Hala Kondratowa at foots of Czerwone Wierchy and Giewont massif .
There is a small TPN mountain chalet here (35 places ,whole year open) .
Blue marks go on the northern side of the meadow ,then climb morains of Male Szerokie finishing above them in a long hollow of Pieklo (Hell) .
From there we start climbing steep slope by irregular serpentines along the stream to Kondracka Pass(1725) .
After about 1/2 h or a bit more we reach the saddle (crossing of marked routes) . Our route goes now for about 10 minutes along the ridge passing
little saddle of Kondracka Wyznia Pass(1765) and a bit higher - crossing with yellow marked route descending to Mala Laka Valley .
After 20-25 minutes of very steep walk-up in first grassy and then rocky ,lime terrain (insuranced with chains) we reach the summit with cross .
Wonderful panorama of Western and High Tatras and to the north - wide space over 600 meter cliff with Zakopane town and Podhale area .

Blue marked - Giewont route from Kuznice is the most frequented summit route of whole Tatra Mountains (especially in the summer season) .
During sunny days of July and August it is usually horribly overcrowded and You even have to wait in long queues above Kondracka Wyznia Pass
to reach Giewont summit ...so I think Giewont is much better proposal for other period of the year (spring ,autumn) .
In winter the upper section of the route is very often seriously endangered by avalanches .

Watch out for slippery rocks on the route just under the summit !

Essential Gear


In summer conditions : mountain tourist equipment

In winter if there is no avalanche danger : winter equipment with crampons and ice-axe .


Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GiewontRoutes