Borah Peak, summit block

Borah Peak, summit block

The summit block of Borah Peak from near the end of "Chicken Out Ridge". The excellent trail that leads from here high into the final rocks before the summit is clearly visible.
Photo taken 16 August 2002 by Fred Spicker.
Fred Spicker
on Oct 6, 2003 4:19 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 29994

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Dean

Dean - Oct 6, 2003 6:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Great shot

This is really a nice shot and answers a question I had about " chicken out ridge" .

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Oct 6, 2003 6:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot

Thanks Dean. Chicken Out Ridge really is third class scrambling with considerable exposure, but most of the rest of the climb is on trail. I found the amount and quality (good) of trail to be a little disappointing.

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 6, 2003 6:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot

One thing I liked about the trail is that it doesn't mess around. It goes up, up, and away in a hurry. It doesn't meander over yinder or over yonder. In that respect, if you've got the stamina, you can get up the peak in pretty quick time. Better than 4/4 time, but not quite 2/4 time. Maybe 11/8 time.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Oct 16, 2003 11:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great shot

Sounds like my kind of trail-er climb! The clouds really grabbed me in the thumbnail. Nice!

garchov

garchov - Nov 5, 2004 9:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice shot indeed

Very nice clearly showing the trail up the summit block! I personally took to the right side of chicken out near the top and the other on the way down. I found the right (south) side more to my liking due to scrambling on solid rock with exposure rather than the rotten north side.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5