Borah Peak Comments

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Another good page which I would give 3.5 stars if I could. The crucial information is there, and the route description is good. I think you could probably link to some resources on the web. Since the peak is a) popular among casual climbers and b) considerably more serious than your average walk-up, it would be nice to link to trip reports to inspire us mortals that it is doable. :)
Posted Jan 17, 2002 10:14 am

CharlieUntitled Comment

Charlie

I second mbpro's comments, but give you 4 stars to average it out. Good page.
Posted Feb 20, 2002 2:11 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Great page! Makes me wanna go back and finally bag it.
Posted Mar 19, 2003 5:25 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Nce page with good info.
Posted Nov 2, 2003 3:19 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Great page, solid info. I have driven there myself, but never climbed.
Posted Mar 29, 2004 11:59 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice page, Borah is on my summertime hit list.
Posted Apr 4, 2004 5:00 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good pix and page.
Posted Jul 22, 2004 2:38 pm

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Nice page. One heck of a peak.

Posted Sep 14, 2004 1:32 pm

garchovUntitled Comment

garchov

Excellent page for a very deserving and beautiful mountain.
Posted Nov 5, 2004 10:42 pm

jenniferdenoyaUntitled Comment

jenniferdenoya

Lots of helpful information...thanks for maintaining this page!
Posted Dec 16, 2004 8:21 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Short and sweet. Sounds like a pretty physically demanding climb, to gain that much elevation in such a short distance. Well done!
Posted Jan 16, 2006 1:15 am

Moogie737Current conditions Sept 30

Moogie737

Has anyone been up there since the raft of storms the past couple of weeks? Is is still doable without special stuff?
Posted Sep 29, 2006 10:06 pm

geoffsmithMt. Borah---my first hike!

Climbed Mt. Borah last month. It was my first real hike (summit or otherwise). Really enjoyed it--(must say that none of the picures of C.O.R. made it look quite as high as it felt when looking down from it). My question is... does anyone know where I can purchase a t-shirt commemorating my summitting Mt. Borah? I have found ones for many other high-points on-line, but I can't locate anything for Mt. Borah
Posted Oct 16, 2007 10:50 pm

MoapaPkneeds a bit of update

MoapaPk

"frequently updated picture" was last updated over 3 years ago. The plan is to charge for the campground eventually, but the hardware is not yet in place.
Posted Aug 10, 2010 11:50 am

scrappyBorah Peak 2010

scrappy

Climbed Borah last weekend, 9/4. Was a great climb, though very windy! Nearly 50 cars parked there saturday morning with possibly over 100 climbers going up! Chicken out ridge is aptly named. Stay off the right side. Keep to the top or, at some places, stay to the left a bit. The down climb at the upper end is a little hairy for novices. Best way back thru this point going down is to drop down and to the right of it, crossing a small snow patch (use caution!), and climb up a bit then traverse to the right of the ridge for a short distance before rejoining the regular trail on top of the ridge. You will see where others have gone here. On out asscent we had to help a man get his dog up this bit. We saw 2 dogs make the summit that day, but only 1 guy had a rope and harness for his. The one we helped almost lost his dog off the mountain when she fell down the snow slope. If you bring a dog make sure you have a harness and rope to get it up these points!! Too us 5 hrs to attain the summit and a bit over 3 back down. Knees held up well but Im glad I took some advill before we went up, as well as more at camp later. This is a great climb, just make sure you take more water than you think you will need as there is none anywhere on the mountain. There are 5 "established" camp sites, but there are dozens more places for tents, so dont let that number fool you. The fee box is in place and I think as of next weekend users will have to pay to camp there.
Posted Sep 7, 2010 3:38 am

reboylesUpdate?

reboyles

This page hasn't been updated in 6 years and there are missing images on the page. I'd give you a better vote if you touch this up a bit.
Posted Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am