Breccia Peak Comments

Jerry LPoints

Jerry L

Hey,

I think that you should delete the line about points. You post a ton of excellent stuff and I can't imagine anybody would think that. And if they did, who cares. Thanks for posting the good stuff.

Jerry
Posted Aug 14, 2007 8:48 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Points

Bob Sihler

Good suggestion, and thanks for making it. Done.
Posted Aug 14, 2007 9:03 pm

KadeeSummit Register

Kadee

Bob - I hiked this peak on 07/13/08, I looked for the summit register but couldn't find it anywhere on top. I had read your page before hiking the peak, so I was looking for the register. What do you think happened to it ...grizzlies??? :-)
Posted Jan 22, 2009 5:43 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Summit Register

Bob Sihler

Kadee, did you hike to the summit the page describes? You probably did since you read the page first, but I'm just asking since topo maps do not mark the actual summit and instead indicate a lower summit a bit to the east of the real highpoint.

Anyway, the guy (Jay) who placed the register placed it beneath several decent-sized rocks so it would stay in place. My best guess is that a local perhaps removed the register, not wanting the peak to be "known" or marked. Or maybe lightning blasted the cairn and the register away! Or maybe there's a grizzly with a really bad stomachache!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the peak and all that remote wilderness you see to its north. I'll be out there again next summer-- just can't get enough of the Absarokas.

Cheers,

Bob
Posted Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Summit Register

Bob Sihler

Added-- I just read your summit log; it sounds as though you definitely headed to the real summit. I know exactly what steep slope you mean; it is definitely the toughest part of the climb! Well, I'm glad you liked it so much!
Posted Jan 22, 2009 8:52 pm

KadeeRe: Summit Register

Kadee

I did take the route that you described on the page and did also see that the topo marks a peak that is not the highpoint. I did the highpoint and not the peak that is shown on the topo. I did not see any pile of rocks at all, trust me I looked.

I enjoyed the peak SO much! All time favorite for sure - be sure to read my climber's log. It was a very interesting hike for me. And yes, the wilderness to the north is amazing. I can't wait to explore that area. Maybe we'll see you out there this summer.

Kadee
Posted Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

KadeeRe: Summit Register

Kadee

Yes - I was clenching onto the wet mud with everything I had. It was very slippery and steep.
Posted Jan 22, 2009 9:05 pm