Bridge Mountain Crags

Bridge Mountain Crags

Looking UP out of Fern Canyon towards Bridge Mountain, one wonders where the route is that joins the 'normal' route for summit climbs of Bridge Mountain. Apparently, this is not it! I suggest that people purchase a guide or guidebook before attempting to scramble up the sandstone walls of Fern Canyon in Nevada's Red Rocks. (How did you say you wanted your eggs??? Would you like them scrambled?) Anyway, if you want to climb out of your COMFORT ZONE, this is the place to do it. I saw a lot of loose rock in this area, and remembered that sandstone is brittle when wet. From deep within the bowels of beautiful Fern Canyon, what would be the chances of seeing a desert bighorn or mountain lion staring back down at you??? That's the mystery and beauty of Nevada's Red Rock wilderness! Sometimes you feel like you're being watched - sometimes you don't!!! Photo taken from the bottom of Fern Canyon, just past the seasonal waterfall. (March 10, 2008) :) "I'm just an average man with an average life. I work from nine to five - Hey, hell, I pay the price. All I want is to be left alone, In my average home. But WHY do I always feel Like I'm in the twilight zone? And (I always feel like) (Somebody's watching me) And I have no privacy. Whooooa - oh - oh! (I always feel like) (Somebody's watching me) Tell me, is it just a dream???" ROCKWELL (1984)
lcarreau
on Mar 19, 2008 2:30 pm
Image Type(s): Rock Climbing,  Bouldering,  Hiking,  Flora,  Informational,  Scenery,  Humor
Image ID: 389389

Comments

No comments posted yet.