Broken Top Comments

CharlieUntitled Comment

Charlie

Do you have more detailed instructions for getting there?
Posted Feb 12, 2002 4:29 pm

bigwallyUntitled Comment

bigwally

Good page. Good pictures and a fine route description.....but could you tell us a little more about the peak....what makes it appealing,..... maybe a little climbing history......perhaps another route description or two. The style that you write with, lets all of us know that you ahve "been-there and done-that" and therefore makes you a very reliable source....one that we are anxious for more information from. Thank you for Caring and Sharing this information !!!!
Posted Jan 9, 2003 5:59 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page, but could use a little more details.
Posted Apr 10, 2004 11:37 pm

wildstarUntitled Comment

wildstar

It needs more details such as:

signature photo

mountain conditions

more detailed description on how to get there.

Update those and I will change my vote
Posted Nov 9, 2004 12:33 am

HammerGreat Stuff

Hammer

Great addition to the page! I believe that it automatically links your route page to the parent page. Other than that do you have an idea of how you would like me to reference it. I will be happy to oblige.
Posted Feb 11, 2007 10:27 pm

AndinistalocoGood start

Andinistaloco

and great pictures... but I agree with the other folks in that the page needs some fleshing out, particularly in the directions section. Be glad to up the vote when I see a little more.
Posted Nov 4, 2007 12:39 pm

cascadetravelerLookin Good!

cascadetraveler

The page is definetly shaping up nice Caleb.
Posted Jan 9, 2009 1:13 am

EastKingI like the finished product

EastKing

You should PM some of the voters to update their scores. This page is great. Broken Top now is on my list.
Posted Sep 27, 2009 1:46 am

calebEOCRe: I like the finished product

calebEOC

Thanks EK. Broken Top is a great mountain, approach is a nice casual walk along a beautiful creek and the finish is just plain fun, you'll enjoy it for sure.
Posted Sep 27, 2009 10:22 am

vancouver islanderFine editing job

vancouver islander

Nicely set up caleb. Page looking REALLY good now.
Posted Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

calebEOCRe: Fine editing job

calebEOC

Thanks Martin. This page is a bullseye for critical voters for some reason. I've never really cared about the points thing, so my main reason for taking ownership of it was to highlight how cool the summit block is and get some of the amazing pictures taken of the mountain featured more prominently on the page.
Posted Sep 14, 2010 9:45 pm

vancouver islanderRe: Fine editing job

vancouver islander

Perhaps send a PM to some of the earlier voters to get them to reconsider. Leaving a page score of 72% in place might discourage some to skip over what is a super piece of work. I took over the Mt Ngauruhoe (NZ) page last year and did this. Got it up from less than 1,000 hits and about 65% t0 3,000+ and 85%. I do think the better the score the more attention a page gets.

I've got some nice catwalk shots from out trip up BT last year and will add them soon. Working on my Pueblo/WHB/Buckskin TR etc TR at the moment. I know you'll enjoy that one.

Cheers, Martin
Posted Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm

calebEOCRe: Fine editing job

calebEOC

Right on, I have been looking forward to your SE Oregon TR. Next time you're out in that neck of the woods let me know!
Posted Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm

vancouver islanderStrange votes

vancouver islander

7/10 from "RangerMark" and 8/10 from "klimbien".

What on earth would make you downvote this page?????
Posted Sep 14, 2010 10:10 pm

DarrenSNice climb

As my first peak in OR, impressed by this climb. Approached via Green Lakes. Trailhead starts behind campsite on the SE end of middle Green Lake and is your typically sttep climbers route. The trail is straight forward, leading to col at base of NW ridge. Excellent exposure is your travel companion all the way up to the summit block. I opted to wrap around left (east) and avoid some of the exposure, rewarded with rotten pumicey (sic?) red shite that gets the adrenaline going as you make way to summit. Great views.

Logistics: i day-hiked from my camp at Green Lake. Going solo, it took 2 hrs to reach summit and one hr to return to camp, opting for the highly appealing scree decent down the W face. During warm days I would strongly recommend an early start, keeping you on the shaded side of this exposed and strenuous affair. The summit block is definitely the technical crux and not for faint of heart. Any serious blunder there could land you 1000+ ft in the talus below. Highly recommended!
Posted Sep 3, 2012 2:26 am