Bruncu Nieddu Comments

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Sounds like you are on your way to a complete survey of Sardinia. Good job. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about flowers.
Posted Jul 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, I can try! My late dad was professor for biology so there must be something in my genes ;-) Fact is that he managed to get me hooked on orchids. These flowers are so rare in Germay that you have to search for them for a long time. He once did a sabattical in southern france, especially to study orchids and managed to find 23!! different species! When he returned and showed the picts to us kids we were hooked. He then took us to a meadow near his university were there were some 4 or 5 different kinds of orchids and you can imagine how we (I was about 12 at the time) hunted for the flowers.

I'll never forget an though I'm definitely the least "biological" of our family (I'm a physicist by education) I still love those beautiful "beings".

Have a nice day

Gangolf
Posted Jul 19, 2004 6:48 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Barry (hope that's right). You seem to get around on SP! Today Sardinia, yesterday Colorado - what's up next?

Have a good one

Gangolf
Posted Jul 19, 2004 6:50 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Another beauty Gangolf! Keep em rolling in! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Jul 19, 2004 10:40 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Britt. Just trying to keep you busy voting ;-)
Posted Jul 20, 2004 5:42 am

liviozUntitled Comment

livioz

It seems that, with the help of your two maps, it's easier to localize all such summits with their strange names, hardly intelligible to italian people, too!
Posted Jul 20, 2004 6:35 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Livio! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't understand...
Posted Jul 20, 2004 9:13 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Tim. Just this morning, when my screensaver ran over one of your Mount Thor pictures I asked myself what you were up to nowadays. I assumed you were busy climbing something ;-) Glad you're around!
Posted Jul 21, 2004 3:49 am