Buck Canyon Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
MTfred19

MTfred19 - May 18, 2018 10:27 am Date Climbed: Apr 22, 2018

Awesome Hike!  Sucess!

Solo trip- picked a fun & easy one for my first time rappelling into a canyon. There's a good anchor with webbing there now, and the rappel itself is nice and easy- no awkwardness for beginners, no need to worry about pulling the rope. The canyon is very nice at this point with narrows/slots for awhile, and there's a couple of fun downclimbs which aren't too tough . After the canyon opened up, I continued down to the DD to check it out, walk barefoot on the mud bars (that route gets a bit brushy). The hike up and out the East Fork is great, with 2 nice arches to check out. No problem, super fun loop! Beautiful country!

Foxy Long Bottoms

Foxy Long Bottoms - May 2, 2016 10:38 am Date Climbed: May 1, 2016

Want more chimneys  Sucess!

The squeezes were my favorite part. Dry entry with lots of thistles choking the narrows all the way through. No water on the descent but there were easily avoidable potholes in the narrows exit. Fun canyon that leaves you wanting more.

Kessler

Kessler - May 27, 2015 12:38 pm Date Climbed: Oct 20, 2013

Buck  Sucess!

10-20-2013

Shaylee

Shaylee - May 27, 2015 12:35 pm Date Climbed: Oct 20, 2013

Buck  Sucess!

10-20-2013

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - May 11, 2015 7:21 pm Date Climbed: Mar 14, 2015

Down west fork, return east fork  Sucess!

Excellent little slot canyon. The two arches in the lower east fork are incredible...highly recommended.

Scott

Scott - May 11, 2015 6:23 pm Date Climbed: Oct 20, 2013

Buck  Sucess!

After a long night, Charlie, Tess, Kessler, Shaylee, and I drove to the head of Buck Canyon. I had wanted to do Buck Canyon since it is one of the few major canyons in the Roost that I haven’t done yet.

Tess stayed behind since her elbow was hurting. We set up the first rappel and had Tess pull up the rope with her so we wouldn’t have to carry it through the canyon.

The canyon had a really nice slot (with lots of mud) and a few great downclimbs, but then it opened up all too soon and was a walk, though fairly pretty. We explored a narrow side slot before finding an exit out of the canyon. It was a long walk back to the vehicles.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Buck Canyon' main page