Viewing: 1-4 of 4
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Not in Utah

Great page with one minor oversight. The mountain is in Nevada, but you put Utah

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 11, 2010 12:06 am - Voted 10/10

Yeah ...

Everybody knows Nevada is much more lonely than Utah.

Did you see any bucks on Buck Mountain ???

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Kudos to Dean on Buck Mountain and many other pages!

Kudos to Dean for tackling all these summits so far off the beaten track! These are gorgeous places that had virtually no information on the internet before. While I am identifying new hikes and summits around Reno, Nevada, Dean is high-tailing it to summits miles from civilization! Good for him. Let's encourage more of these pages documenting his adventures.

Dean

Dean - Jun 11, 2010 12:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kudos to Dean on Buck Mountain and many other pages!

Dan, thanks for those nice words. As you have also discovered, Nevada is just chock full of great places that receive little visitation and even with our pages, that most likely will remain the same. Every time a new page for Nevada (or utah) goes up, I applaud the effort since it tells me there are others who also love the out of the way places that very few hikers/climbers visit and I add that mountain or peak to my want to visit list. Several of the peaks I visited over memorial day had only 7 or 8 visitors over 17-18 years. Amazing and yet, not surprising.

Keep up the good work that you are doing around Reno.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Buck Mountain (NV)' main page