Campanile Pradidali is a beautiful pillar that lies between Cima Pradidali ( from which is separated by Passo di Ball ) and Cima di Ball, in the central sector of Pale di San Martino. Between it and Cima di Ball there is a couriuos double pinnacle, called Furchetta Adele.
The first ascent had done by M. Bettega, M. Barbaria and J. Wood in 1890. Along the NE wall there are some very beautiful routes: that one opened by G. Langes and E. Merlet in 1920, the route climbed by E. Castiglioni, B. Detassis, S. Saglio and M Bardelli in 1934 along the central sector of the wall, that one by G. Del Vecchio and A. Gardellin along the edge on the right.
The normal route goes up prevalently along the N side and is not very difficult ( 2nd and 3rd degree ).
You must start from Pradidali Hut m 2278 and reach Passo di Ball m 2443. You traverse at the base of N wall of Campanile near the beginning of Via Ferrata Nico Gusella, round the last edge and along gravels you go up the couloir that goes down from Furchetta Adele. When you arrive to a wall with a crack like an overturned Y, here is the start of the route.
1) Along the the groove on the right you go upon the block that divides the two branches of the crack and then continue along it ( 3rd degree ).
2) You go on the overhanging wall climbing vertically ( 40 meters, 2nd degree, very good rock ).
3) You go on the left horizontally and then go up obliquing along a footholded band ( 40 meters, 1st degree ).
4) You continue obliquing up to a canal and climb the rocks close to it, but without entering into it, along a crack that leads to a little edge ( 30 meters, 1st and 2nd degree ).
5) You traverse on the right ( exposed but easy ) and reach a rocky slope that leads to a little canal; go up along this canal ( 40 meters, 1st degree ).
6-7 ) You are now into the main canal, that in the intermediate sector you avoided because too difficult. You go up along it up to a little saddle on the summit ridge ( 70 meters, 2nd degree ).
8) You go on the S wall , climb the rocks and the last little wall and reach the summit ( 30 meters, 1st and 2nd degree ). ( Report by Luca Visentini ).
TIMES OF RANGE : Pradidali Hut - Start of the route = h 0.45
Start of the route - summit = h 1.45
DROPS : Pradidali Hut m 2278 - Summit m 2733 = 455 m
To reach Pradidali Hut you must go to Trento or Belluno, by car or by train, and then go up to Fiera di Primiero. Now you turn on the right following the road that leads to Passo Cereda and when you arrive to a cross turn on the left following the signs to Cant del Gal, a wonderful place with two beautiful little hotels. Here the path to Pradidali Hut starts. You follow the signs with the number 709 and easily in 3 hours of walking you reach the Hut.
Rope, nuts, fiends and the complete gear for a medium difficulty climb is required. Pay attention to the weather, that in this Group is very unforeseeable.
SAN MARTINO DI CASTROZZA : CAMPING SASS MAOR
via Laghetto, 48
38058 San Martino di Castrozza ( TN )
TONADICO : CAMPING CASTELPIETRA
loc. Castelpietra, 1
38054 Tonadico ( TN )
IMER : CAMPING CALAVISE
Villaggio Sass Maòr, 36
38050 Imèr ( TN )