Cannibal Boulder

Cannibal Boulder

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing
We went to the Red Spring Picnic Area on Easter Sunday. Lots of families and kids running around, wonderful smells coming from barbecues, egg hunts, and even a few climbers. These are a few pictures of people climbing Cannibal Boulder, which is 5 minute walk from the picnic area. I think the routes are 'Caustic Cock', 5.11b and 'Have a Beer with Fear', 5.11a.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - May 5, 2009 7:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Lisa,

This crag, Canibal Crag, is located in the Calico Basin area in Nevada. Isn't it? I have done a lot of climbing on it, and it's one of the best. I believe the climb your friend is doing is 11a. Ah, a great climb.

lisae

lisae - May 5, 2009 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

The

guide book I have uses "Cannibal Boulder, not Cannibal Crag, but indeed it is located in the Calico Basin area. Easy approach ... five minutes from the Red Springs Picnic area . . . :)

I don't know any of the climbers; I was just wondering around the area on Easter Sunday and saw them. 5.11a is out of my range, but I looked at the guidebook & there are climbs in my range on the boulder. Ah well, next time I am in the area.

lcarreau

lcarreau - May 5, 2009 11:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Lisa ..

Question for Lisa:

Is THIS Cannibal Boulder, or perhaps little Cannibal Boulder?

Check out the person on the right - looks like they've HAD it
with bouldering !!!

lisae

lisae - May 5, 2009 11:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lisa ..

Clearly not the same boulders. :)

I do like your photo!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.