Liba Kopeckovasorry guys,

Liba Kopeckova

but had to laugh when reading the comment about balls of steal... Good luck with its finish this weekend.
I guess you did not want to invite a girl alone - no balls..
Posted Sep 20, 2010 11:30 pm

noahs213Re: sorry guys,

noahs213

I thought that would lighten up the page ;)

And thanks!
Posted Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

RoryKuykendallSo Sick

RoryKuykendall

Rad adventure.
Posted Jun 3, 2012 7:54 pm

Brian C"The most hazardous in Colorado...

Brian C

... and one of the most unstable in the lower 48 states."

Really? Seems a bit dramatic to me. I have no doubt this is very hard, but there is alot of scary and dangerous stuff out there if you're willing to look. I guess it's not a bad idea to add the scare at the beginning to scare away the 14er crowd who might think this is a good idea...

PS - Wasn't the rest of the route up here too? Not just the first half. What happened?
Posted Feb 23, 2013 11:38 pm

noahs213Re:

noahs213

Brian, It's been over 3? years since those fateful days. Still, even today, I'd have to agree with most of this statement. Kiefer gave a good representation. Combine the Elks, and San Juans worst rock, put it in a blender and throw it out. I myself thought that statement was for out there but after having traveled the whole traverse, there is nothing quite like it. I think it's also important to add that the traverse is well over 2.5 miles as indicated in the original traverse description I wrote for sp. But it was more like over 4 miles according to a specific measurement on Google Earth. I would no go far to say it's the loosest in CO, still. Dangerous. Run out. Scary. Quite scary. I would like to go back and do it in a massive day. This time 99% without a rope. That way I can see if it really was that bad. I remember being really terrified the whole time. Basically soloing 5.6/7 on bad rock, even with rope.
Posted Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

KieferRe:

Kiefer

Gonna have to agree with Noah.
When writing a route description, tis always best to cater it to the LCD of climber. I think it's safer (and wiser) to head into a climb expecting hell and discovering it's not as bad as one was lead to believe than to be caught unawares.
Though...it is a bad, loose route.
Posted Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm