Cardinal Peak Comments

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Hey Paul,

with your additions, SP is quickly becoming THE guide to North Cascades :)

Nice job.

Radek
Posted Jan 27, 2004 7:04 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

You can get the big picture of the west slopes of Lake Chelan from here since its the highest point on its divide. A red parka will help on this well presented peak!
Posted Jan 27, 2004 8:07 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Ditto Radek. Great job - keep it up!

Bob
Posted Jan 27, 2004 9:10 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Thanks, Bob. More to come tomorrow for all three peaks. I've got to run to another engagement this evening (to drink beer, of course).
Posted Jan 27, 2004 9:22 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Ditto Bob and Radek. Fascinating stuff. Where do you find the time? Keep em coming.
Posted Jan 29, 2004 5:29 pm

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

good work!
Posted Feb 5, 2004 3:43 am

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Great page.
Posted Mar 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Andy DeweyNorth Fork Entiat approach

Andy Dewey

Just an additional note on the North Fork Entiat approach:

Rather than bike up the Entiat River trail 4 miles to the wilderness boundary, we went for the North Fork Entiat approach which allows bikes all the way up to Saska Pass if you are so inclined. This trail is a far cry from the nice groomed Entiat trail... it is rocky, rooted, hilly and very narrow. This makes biking extremely challenging with overnight packs on. We made it about 5 miles in before dumping the bikes. After 6 miles the trail begins to climb very steeply and you won't make it far on a bike unless you are into the extreme stuff. Despite the tough time coming in, we had an exciting ride back although we had to dismount several times. We covered the 5 miles in an hour. Next time I'd probably go via the Entiat River.

We did see bike tracks just below Saska Pass, so people do it. I'm guessing they didn't have huge packs on though!
Posted Oct 3, 2010 11:49 am

KlenkeRe: North Fork Entiat approach

Klenke

I agree with your assessment and in fact I've always said that if I go back up the N. Fork Trail I would take a bike to as far as where the trail leaves the river (the place where you say it gets steep). The only bad thing I recall is some of the trail was sandy, making for a rather laborious ride through (even on the downhill).
Posted Oct 4, 2010 10:42 pm