...a friends of mine, from Tuscany, ate some sea food he picked up on a sea-shore in Patagonia. After a few minutes he had a muscles paralysis...he entered in coma and saved himself just by a miracle. He told me about la "marea roca"...
Actually I didn't mean "careful with", but that was a sad story of your friend ah?
Mussels are pretty delicious, but it must be cooked before the meal to kill every little bug on it.
Sea food is great, but it requires an extra care while working on the meal.
...a little misunderstanding, Paulo! Yes, sea food is great, but it's essential to cook it.
But i want to tell you something about "la marea roca". It's a large expanse of red algae which sometimes covers the sea along the coasts of Patagonia. These algae contain a neuro-toxin; some sea mussels absorbe the neuro-toxin, which paralyzes all the human body muscles, particularly the respiratory muscles, leading quickly to death.
My friend ate only four mussels... and saved himself by a miracle...He was very imprudent, but also very lucky: his climbing pals found an helicopter which transferred him quickly to the hospital.
Cheers, my friend!
"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."
--Peter Gibbons (Office Space)