Carnic Alps Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 22 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

Mathias ZehringUntitled Comment

Mathias Zehring

your page gives an worthful overview about an area that is not so well-known. In Germany the hiking trail "Karnischer Hoehenweg" is quite popular and should be mentioned. If there is a need, I can give some information
Posted Jan 11, 2004 3:29 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Hi Mathias,

I'm done with the page. There may be things which I should add, please let me know. Karnischer Höhenweg will follow but before I'll do the subgroup page "Main Ridge West". I'll have to juggle the pictures.....
Posted Oct 13, 2004 6:18 am

Mathias ZehringUntitled Comment

Mathias Zehring

very well-done overview! I have scanned my slides from my 1997 trip along Karnischer Hoehenweg. I will post them on your following mainridge west subgroup page
Posted Oct 13, 2004 6:34 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

This will be the longest page, that I have ever posted! I spent the whole evening to do the listing of the mountains! Now I understand, why Marco transferred the page to me ;-)
Posted Oct 13, 2004 7:02 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Posted Mar 27, 2004 1:20 pm

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Well done!
Posted Apr 6, 2004 4:03 pm

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

Great page!
Posted Oct 5, 2004 4:54 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

No Brad, that's not quite true since the range is VERY complicated. I just adopted the page (Marco transferred it to me) and we (European Tag Team) have just agreed, how to set up this page and several (5) subgroup pages. Anyway I haven't done anything so far except posting the overview picture and the flags.

So, your vote is for Marco's efforts ;-)
Posted Oct 5, 2004 6:05 am

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

Whoops! My mistake. Well then, best wishes in your 'remodeling' efforts! Happy climbing!
Posted Oct 5, 2004 5:03 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

I'm sure it'll work out fine but I'm still trying to gather courage to tackle the problem ;-)
Posted Oct 5, 2004 5:33 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

I don't know why I never rated this page. In last months I was waiting for your contribution. I know it's still the beginning, but the page is already fine (and was also before).

A few comments:

- I don't agree, that after World War I nothing changed regarding borders. Italy gained a lot of territory (from Trieste to Suedtirol). I wouldn't like to judge who should have that territory. Anyway south of Alps arc from ancient times people lived, who were neither Germans (or Austrians), neither Italians: Furlani, Ladini, Rhaetian people (how's that written?), and so on towards west. But let's leave political dispute in united Europe :-)

- It's also kind of narrow view to say that the most important resorts in Carnic Alps are Sappada and Koetschach. But you'll find also some time later for others.

So, keep going! I'm thinking how to contribute here. Almost decided to climb Creta Grauzaria and Monte Sernio, but some last weekends were bad here.
Posted Oct 9, 2004 9:50 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Right you are about Suedtirol - my narrow view was concerned with the Carnic Alps.

And again there are more villages of importance than the two but I tried to take Marco's text without changing too much. Since we are talking Suthern Carnic Alps as well, this view must be reviewed.

Thanks for the vote and I'll keep working .....
Posted Oct 9, 2004 12:04 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

The page is great, Gangolf!

Of course it would be desirable, if this page woud lead further to distinct summits. As long as subgroup pages are not created (after that, they will lead further), it would be great to create text links to existing SP pages - ordered by subgroups. That's not such a big deal.

Second, naming the most important summits is in my opinion not so urgent. I allways find aa a better information if the nature or character of specific areas is described.

Cheers!
Posted Oct 12, 2004 8:40 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Marco, you've probably seen, that there are quite some sections open. It has turned out to be more difficult than I thought. Sigh!
Posted Oct 10, 2004 9:53 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Great work!! And nice photos!
Posted Oct 11, 2004 1:50 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks, Bor!
Posted Oct 11, 2004 2:36 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Still not quite finished but thanks a lot!
Posted Oct 11, 2004 6:57 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Fantastic page Gangolf, beautiful work!!
Posted Oct 13, 2004 5:30 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Thanks Aleksandar! I have inherited this page from Marco and I am sorry to say that I wanted to keep as much of his text as possible but since our styles are so utterly different, there are only short sections left.

Now I'm working on the first of the subgroup pages (Carnic Alps Main Ridge (West) and it took the whole night, just to do a list of the mountains. No wonder, Marco transferred the page to me ;-)
Posted Oct 13, 2004 6:24 pm