DeanUntitled Comment

As your first page I salute your effort and was surprised to see this one go up. I remember my visit vividly as it was done the day after I broke my hand at the 12K mark on Mt. Whitney's MR route. I posted a trip report on my visit.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 10:24 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you Dean for you comment. That was really cool how you did Mount Whitney one day and Carpenter Hill the next. My buddy and I were going to do Whitney last summer but we couldn't get the permits. What I want to do now is go to Badwater in Death Valley one day and try and get Whitney the next. I want to also thank you for you photos. What really amazes me is how your were able to climb Carpenter Hill with a broken finger.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 9:08 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Make sure to finish this page, since you added photos, but you still say photos are coming soon.

Doesn't seem like much of a hill to me, but it is a county highpoint and a point of interest. I have the distinction of putting up flatter pages (albeit state highpoints), so I have no complaints.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 2:31 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you hgrapid for your comment. It looks like you caught me in the midddle of adding pictures. But I got to say the only way I can finish this page is if they close it off to the public or if I move out of the area. But if you think Carpenter Hill is exciting just wait. I have plans to conquer Mt. Davidson this summer. This monster is the San Francisco county hightpoint. And the summit is 927 feet above sea level.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 8:56 pm

John ClimberUntitled Comment

John Climber

Jason,

Welcome to SP. Please, add some photos.

I am, in principle, against such hilly places on SP unless that they worth the climb or they have any kind of side-interest. You said so (good views),...but I cannot see your photos...yet. I trust you when you decided to add Carpenter Hill to SP. It should be an interesting place.

Add images and I will upgrade my vote.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 4:13 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you John for your comment. I agree with you that Carpenter Hill is not much of a climb. But it does have some significance: since I reside in and am in love with Sacramento, Carpenter Hill has a special place in my heart. Plus it is the high point of Sacramento county and people like me get a kick out of climbing county summits. I have put some pictures on the page and I have plans for more trips and pictures.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 8:39 pm

McCannsterUntitled Comment

McCannster

Not bad, good to be on SP because of its County HP status. I have some pics I'll upload soon.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 4:51 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you for the comment. I really enjoyed the photos too.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 8:00 pm

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you keema for your comment. The real challege would be trying to make that climb after eatting Easter dinner instead of before.
Posted Feb 5, 2006 9:11 pm

keemaUntitled Comment

keema

You are right Jason, Carpenter Hill after Easter dinner would have been more of a challenge. :-P Good luck on tagging your county highpoints. You might give Mount Saint Helena a try and then tag Mount Vaca on the way back home. That's what I did. Also be careful with getting to Mount Davidson. There is a left off El Camino Real that is mentioned in Suttle's book that can't be made. Also one of the right turns is poorly marked, That made for more of an adventure for me.
Posted Feb 6, 2006 9:35 am

2skinnersUntitled Comment

2skinners

Pretty good page albeit, for a small hill. But I do have a page for a 448 foot hill located in a trailer park (Delaware's high point). So don't let to many people give you flak for it. Good page!!

-2skinners-
Posted Feb 8, 2006 2:55 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you 2skinners for your comment. I try not to let people give me flak for the lowliness of my high point because its a nasty job and someone has to do it.
Posted Feb 8, 2006 3:21 am

JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Thank you Ryan for your vote.
Posted Feb 8, 2006 3:22 am

SFMountaineerLocked

SFMountaineer

The metal gate is currently locked with about 8 padlocks. Someone no longer wants anyone to go up there
Posted Apr 19, 2010 1:39 am

JasonHRe: Locked

JasonH

Yep, I made through the gate just the one time. I've been up there 3 or 4 times since and the gate has always been locked up. It's a bummer.
Posted Apr 21, 2010 3:59 pm