JasonHUntitled Comment

JasonH

Good looking page. My only complaint being you left Lassen Peak off of the Shields and Plugs list.
Posted Apr 15, 2006 7:53 pm

darinchadwickLassen

darinchadwick

I still need to finish the page. I was working from North to South on that list, and guess what happened to Lassen? Too many irons in the fire, but thanks for the reminder, it will happen.
Darin.
Posted Apr 19, 2006 2:28 pm

madmallardGaribaldi

madmallard

as the list works south along the range, try to remember to go north again. garibaldi is in bc, canada, but is still part of the cascade range when speaking geologically. I don't think it would be fair to exclude it due to a political boundary.
Posted Jun 24, 2006 8:32 pm

darinchadwickRe: Garibaldi

darinchadwick

I wanted to put Garibaldi on the Cascade Volcano page when I first adopted it, but it didn't exist on summitpost back then. I was happy to see that it was created recently (well April at least) so now I can include it. Thanks for the heads up.

Darin.
Posted Jun 26, 2006 9:51 pm

Brian JenkinsYou need help?

Brian Jenkins

If you need help with this one, let me know. Here's some more than I would think should be added (depending on your threshold of how many you want to do on the page):

To Composite:
St. Helens ? go by old height?
McLoughlin, Thielsen, Broken Top, Bachelor, Three Fingered Jack (not quite sure where you draw the line between old composite that is eroded and where the "plug" starts though)

Plugs, Shields:
Diamond Peak, Paulina Peak, Yamsay Mtn, Cowhorn, Sawtooth, Husband, Wife, Litttle Brother, Black Crater,

And where do you put Crater Lake/Mazama (if you include it)

Buttes/Cones: Collier Cone, Tumalo Mtn, Olallie Butte

I could be wrong about which category some of these are in but these are the higher ones in Oregon that you may want to include.
Posted Oct 19, 2006 11:27 pm

darinchadwickRe: You need help?

darinchadwick

Yeah man, thanks. And if I was to ask anyone to do it, it would be you, with all the pages you've done, esp. in Oregon. I just never got around to finishing the fat plans I had for this page, so I signed you up as an editor, cause I know you can do it justice. I'm too selfish to just give it up of course, and the way or organizing the mountains according to their structure is a little pet idea of mine that I don't really want to give up. One thing I feel is important is to not go on and on about the make-up of the mountains. I agree with the founders of Summitpost to keep information limited to climbing and the basics, there are libraries full of information on volcanology.
Thanks for taking in the slack!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Oct 21, 2006 3:47 am